We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Tooltip and RightToLeft

Using the virtual grid (v3), there is a cell Style setting for tooltiptext and RTL, but it seems that the Grid is passing the tooltip directly to Windows because the text in the tooltip is not right justified. Might you correct this in the future? (I do not need asap) What should I do if I wanted this behaviour now? Thanks, Greg

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 14, 2004 03:51 PM UTC

Hi Greg, you can get a refernece to the Windows Form ToolTip control that is used to display the tooltip with Tooltip toolTip = grid.CellToolTip; then you can change it as needed. However, I don''t see any RightToLeft setting for System.Windows.Forms.ToolTip. What do you do normally for a regular Tooltip on a form? We could do the same then with grid.CellToolTip. Stefan

GR Greg December 15, 2004 01:11 PM UTC

Stefan, I have only just begun researching RTL (no experience), but it seems that you need to set the WS_EX_LAYOUTRTL extended flag of the window. So it appears that Windows supports it, but .Net did not expose it. #define WS_EX_LAYOUTRTL 0x00400000L Right to Left Layout -Greg

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2004 07:26 PM UTC

I am going to add a "set" method for the 3.0 relase to the GridControl.CellToolTip property. This will allow you to plugin a derived Tooltip with an overriden CreateParams method that applies the RTL setting. With the current version you would have to derive from GridControl and override CreateCellToolTip. Then you can instantiate a derive ToolTip class. After 3.0 is out I can check if we can provide built-in support for this. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon