We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

cncatenation problem 2

dim g1 as string = "toto2" dim g2 as string = "toto4" calc("a")= "=""" & g1 & """" calc("b")= "=""" & g2 & """" calc("c")= "=concatenate(""toto1"",[a],""toto3"",[b])" msgbox calc("c") it returns: "toto1"toto2"toto3"toto4"" it seems to concatenate the quote with the answer. It should have return: "toto1toto2toto3toto4" and then agani, whe I use that, I still have the problem to remove the leading and ending quotes because it creates me problem. I would prefer it return: toto1toto2toto3toto4 In the code below, my problem is that G1 and G2 comes from a database and that will creates me the right variable name at the end. If you try with Excel, it does not return any quotes and it return the exact answer I would need. So I would think it we try does function with an Excel sheet with ExcelRW, we will have a big problem. Thank you.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2004 05:15 PM UTC

In the upcoming release, using concatenate will still give this problem, but using the ampersand instead will give you the string without the interior quotes. This is how the first release will work unless the release build slips until the concatenate fix gets done.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon