We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

sorting a grouped grid

If I have a grid sorted by 1+ columns, how can I sort the columns by 2+ columns? I am aware that a user can sort the grid''s detail rows by one column by clicking on the column he or she would like to sort by. Can the grid be sorted by more than column (the sort doesn''t have to be done by the user, I can write code to take the user''s requested sort columns and sort the rows programatically)? Can the user sort the summary rows by 1 or more columns? Thanks

9 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 7, 2004 08:52 PM UTC

There is currently no UI to allow your user to sort by multiple columns. But you can programatically sort by several columns by adding names to the SortedColumns collection. this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.SortedColumns.Clear(); this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.SortedColumns.Add("Col1", ListSortDirection.Ascending); this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.SortedColumns.Add("Col2", ListSortDirection.Descending);

AA Anthony Avella December 10, 2004 01:40 PM UTC

Is there any way to sort the summary rows of a grouped grid? >There is currently no UI to allow your user to sort by multiple columns. But you can programatically sort by several columns by adding names to the SortedColumns collection. > >this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.SortedColumns.Clear(); >this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.SortedColumns.Add("Col1", ListSortDirection.Ascending); >this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.SortedColumns.Add("Col2", ListSortDirection.Descending); >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 10, 2004 05:40 PM UTC

No, not at this time. The grouping is done based on the sort order of the records. Once the records are grouped the summaries are dependant on that order. In order to be able to sort by summary rows we first need to make some changes to the way sorting is handling inside the grouping engine. We need to add support there for being able to provide a mapping that allows specifying a custom sort order. We have that logged as a feature request but haven''t been able to work on it yet. Stefan

AA Anthony Avella December 14, 2004 05:29 PM UTC

Do you have any idea when you''ll get to work on this? It seems like a logical feature of a grouped grid. >No, not at this time. The grouping is done based on the sort order of the records. Once the records are grouped the summaries are dependant on that order. > >In order to be able to sort by summary rows we first need to make some changes to the way sorting is handling inside the grouping engine. We need to add support there for being able to provide a mapping that allows specifying a custom sort order. > >We have that logged as a feature request but haven''t been able to work on it yet. > >Stefan >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 14, 2004 07:54 PM UTC

We first have to wrap up the 3.0 version and work a bit more on documentation. I am optimistic we should get this feature working in another 3-4 weeks. The feature itsself is a challenge, it is not easy. Stefan

FH Faraz Haque April 20, 2005 02:46 PM UTC

Any news on sorting summary rows? My clients have requested this feature and I am stuck!! >We first have to wrap up the 3.0 version and work a bit more on documentation. I am optimistic we should get this feature working in another 3-4 weeks. The feature itsself is a challenge, it is not easy. > >Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 21, 2005 02:33 PM UTC

In our 3.2 release, there is a \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\SortBySummaryInCaption sample that shows this can be done.

FH Faraz Haque April 21, 2005 02:52 PM UTC

Is there a property change in the grouping grid in 3.2 release that enables this or can it also be done with 3.0.1.0 ? If its possible to do it with 3.0.1.0, can you please post the example. thanks >In our 3.2 release, there is a \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\SortBySummaryInCaption sample that shows this can be done.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 21, 2005 03:47 PM UTC

No. There were code changes in the 3.1 release to allow support this feature.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon