We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

sorting a grouped grid

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

22243 Dec 7,2004 01:48 PM Apr 21,2005 11:47 AM Windows Forms 9
Tags: Grouping
Anthony Avella
Asked On December 7, 2004 01:48 PM

If I have a grid sorted by 1+ columns, how can I sort the columns by 2+ columns? I am aware that a user can sort the grid''s detail rows by one column by clicking on the column he or she would like to sort by. Can the grid be sorted by more than column (the sort doesn''t have to be done by the user, I can write code to take the user''s requested sort columns and sort the rows programatically)? Can the user sort the summary rows by 1 or more columns? Thanks

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 7, 2004 03:52 PM

There is currently no UI to allow your user to sort by multiple columns. But you can programatically sort by several columns by adding names to the SortedColumns collection. this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.SortedColumns.Clear(); this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.SortedColumns.Add("Col1", ListSortDirection.Ascending); this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.SortedColumns.Add("Col2", ListSortDirection.Descending);

Anthony Avella
Replied On December 10, 2004 08:40 AM

Is there any way to sort the summary rows of a grouped grid? >There is currently no UI to allow your user to sort by multiple columns. But you can programatically sort by several columns by adding names to the SortedColumns collection. > >this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.SortedColumns.Clear(); >this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.SortedColumns.Add("Col1", ListSortDirection.Ascending); >this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.SortedColumns.Add("Col2", ListSortDirection.Descending); >

Replied On December 10, 2004 12:40 PM

No, not at this time. The grouping is done based on the sort order of the records. Once the records are grouped the summaries are dependant on that order. In order to be able to sort by summary rows we first need to make some changes to the way sorting is handling inside the grouping engine. We need to add support there for being able to provide a mapping that allows specifying a custom sort order. We have that logged as a feature request but haven''t been able to work on it yet. Stefan

Anthony Avella
Replied On December 14, 2004 12:29 PM

Do you have any idea when you''ll get to work on this? It seems like a logical feature of a grouped grid. >No, not at this time. The grouping is done based on the sort order of the records. Once the records are grouped the summaries are dependant on that order. > >In order to be able to sort by summary rows we first need to make some changes to the way sorting is handling inside the grouping engine. We need to add support there for being able to provide a mapping that allows specifying a custom sort order. > >We have that logged as a feature request but haven''t been able to work on it yet. > >Stefan >

Replied On December 14, 2004 02:54 PM

We first have to wrap up the 3.0 version and work a bit more on documentation. I am optimistic we should get this feature working in another 3-4 weeks. The feature itsself is a challenge, it is not easy. Stefan

Faraz Haque
Replied On April 20, 2005 10:46 AM

Any news on sorting summary rows? My clients have requested this feature and I am stuck!! >We first have to wrap up the 3.0 version and work a bit more on documentation. I am optimistic we should get this feature working in another 3-4 weeks. The feature itsself is a challenge, it is not easy. > >Stefan

Replied On April 21, 2005 10:33 AM

In our 3.2 release, there is a \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\SortBySummaryInCaption sample that shows this can be done.

Faraz Haque
Replied On April 21, 2005 10:52 AM

Is there a property change in the grouping grid in 3.2 release that enables this or can it also be done with 3.0.1.0 ? If its possible to do it with 3.0.1.0, can you please post the example. thanks >In our 3.2 release, there is a \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\SortBySummaryInCaption sample that shows this can be done.

Replied On April 21, 2005 11:47 AM

No. There were code changes in the 3.1 release to allow support this feature.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;