We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PdfDocument Load

Couldn''t you tell me when the PDFDocument.Load() method will be implemented? Or provide an example of existing document modification.

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 7, 2004 12:48 PM UTC

Hi, Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential PDF. Currently we do not support modification of existing PDF documents. However we plan to implement this functionality in the next release which in about 8 weeks. Could you please provide more information on your requirements regarding reading and modifying PDF documents. This information would be very helpful to us while implementing the Read support. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Couldn''t you tell me when the PDFDocument.Load() method will be implemented? Or provide an example of existing document modification.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 8, 2004 06:48 AM UTC

>Could you please provide more information on >your requirements regarding reading and >modifying PDF documents. This information would >be very helpful to us while implementing the >Read support. Thanks. In short -- nothing special. Yesterday I''ve developed a small console app which parses big reference library of pdf''s (nearly 2000 files), puts them to special folder structure (to reduce hdd seeking performance penalty), fixes links in the documents and changes links appearance (adds blue border for local links and red for web links). I''ve browsed many libraries and found that only one library produced visually same result after something like: pdfDocument.Load("in.pdf"); pdfDocument.Save("out.pdf"); Most of the libraries cut out some things like actions (GoToR), or link borders, or even links at all! Or something else (watermarks, page numbers etc). Finally only one .NET library which provides very low-level API was able to support the docs correctly. After make the program works on the base of low-level library, I come to the conclusion that low-level access (or generic PDFGenericObject which knows only string and streams stored in it and able to Save/Load itself as is) should be also provided, otherwise object modification might be hard in many cases (especially in case of unsupported/partially supported by library objects). Something like: PDFGenericObject o; o["/Border"] = "[ 0 0 1 ]"; in case if library isn''t supports special attribute for border style. For example documents I''m processing - are prepared in Acrobat 5 and 6, and only two or three libraries really supports features available in these docs. And all of them are written in C/C++ -- unmanaged. Anyway I''m fun of Your great work and when the next release will be available I might be find a time to test Your library on my docs.

DL Dick Lai April 20, 2005 12:17 PM UTC

Hi! After 4 months, PdfDocument Load method still not supported. First, we need the function to change parts of content when different user download. 2nd, we will take all text in PDF and store into database. Best regards, Stephen.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 20, 2005 03:01 PM UTC

Hi Dick, I am afraid the original work schedule has been changed and PDF load feature has been postponed to atleast 3 months. Currently we are working on a new higher level object model that would help create complex layouts in PDF documents with minimal code. We expect this feature to be implemented in 8-10 weeks time and will work on adding load support after that. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks, Stephen. >Hi! > >After 4 months, PdfDocument Load method still not supported. > >First, we need the function to change parts of content when different user download. 2nd, we will take all text in PDF and store into database. > > >Best regards, > >Stephen. >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 6, 2006 01:37 PM UTC

Okay, how about now? >Hi Dick, > >I am afraid the original work schedule has been changed and PDF load feature has been postponed to atleast 3 months. Currently we are working on a new higher level object model that would help create complex layouts in PDF documents with minimal code. We expect this feature to be implemented in 8-10 weeks time and will work on adding load support after that. > >Sorry for the inconvenience. > >Thanks, > >Stephen. > >>Hi! >> >>After 4 months, PdfDocument Load method still not supported. >> >>First, we need the function to change parts of content when different user download. 2nd, we will take all text in PDF and store into database. >> >> >>Best regards, >> >>Stephen. >>

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team January 9, 2006 03:25 PM UTC

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. We have started work on adding loading support and would support the following for the next release in April timeframe 1) Loading and filling PDF forms. 2) Merging and splitting PDF documents. Thanks, Ajish.

PB Peter Bakker May 24, 2006 10:54 AM UTC

Hello Ajish, I was reading this form and was wondering if point 1. and 2. in your answer has been implemented. I''m using Essential Studio 4.1.0.62. When I''m using the load method I''m getting a ''Not Supported'' exception. If I can load and alter existing PDF documents, do you have a example. TIA Peter

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team May 24, 2006 12:11 PM UTC

Hi Peter, Thank you for you interest in Essential PDF. Yes, we have implemented it in version 4.2 and there are several new features in 4.2 version of PDF including Digital Signature, Improved RTL, Filling forms, HTML to PDF and Merging/Splitting/Stamping existing documents, Action support in document open and form field action triggers. Please take a look on the release notes for further details. http://www2.syncfusion.com/Installs/v4.2.0.27/WindowsForms/Release%20Notes.htm The RC for 4.2 Version has been updated on the site. It can be downloaded from – http://www.syncfusion.com/Downloads/latestversion.aspx. You will have to obtain a new key from Direct-Trac or by sending an email to sales. Thanks, Ajish.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon