We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Turning off sorting

Hi, Do you know any way to turn off sorting, i.e. clicking the column headers? Thanks. Jason Southgate.

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 6, 2004 10:35 AM UTC

Try setting: this.grid.TableOptions.AllowSortColumns = false;

JS Jason Southgate December 6, 2004 02:44 PM UTC

Thanks Clay, Perfect. Jason.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 2, 2005 11:50 PM UTC

Clay, Is there any way to turn off an already existing sorting and also which is already sorted. For example, if I have a sequence column, and it is sorted ascending/descending, when I want to update this column(all rows from top to bottom, but in a different order), I don''t want the rows moving around, while I am updating each and every row. So, I want to turn the sorting off, before updating. Help me! Thanks, Bits.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 3, 2005 11:20 AM UTC

Hi Bits, The records always have to be in the exact sort order specified by the sorting criteria. Otherwise the engine will get confused about the position of records since it assumes that records are sorted in the sort order specified. If you have lots of updates and do not want records to be rearranged while the updates are coming in you can set grid.Table.TableDirty = true; When you set TableDirty = true no further updates will be handled until you access records in the engine or redraw the grid. However, you should also then avoid accessing records through the engine.Table.Records collection. Instead you should modify the underlying dataset directly. Stefan >Clay, > >Is there any way to turn off an already existing sorting and also which is already sorted. > >For example, if I have a sequence column, and it is sorted ascending/descending, when I want to update this column(all rows from top to bottom, but in a different order), I don''t want the rows moving around, while I am updating each and every row. So, I want to turn the sorting off, before updating. > >Help me! > >Thanks, >Bits.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 3, 2005 12:57 PM UTC

What is the equivalent of gird.table.tabledirty = true in GDBG.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 3, 2005 04:17 PM UTC

SuspendBinding, ResumeBinding and then Refresh(). Stefan

DA DavidBosak@venturipartners.com March 7, 2005 09:33 AM UTC

Hi Expert, I am using GridDataBoundGrid. I try to turn off the sorting but I can not do it. Please help me!. I can not see the property ''TableOptions.AllowSortColumns'' in GridDataboundGrid. Thanks, Len. >Try setting: > >this.grid.TableOptions.AllowSortColumns = false; >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 7, 2005 02:25 PM UTC

In GridDataBoundGrid, try: this.gridDataBoundGrid1.SortBehavior = = GridSortBehavior.None;

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon