We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Virtual Grid - Collapsible Data Source

Hello, I tested the sample for Virtul Tree Grid. The sample workd fine. The question I have is how could I implement the Expand/Collapse (+/-) using my own data (from a database table(s)). Is this possible? When I tested the sample, the data for expand and collapse (+/-) came from the ''datasample.cds'' ''collapsible data file'' (please correct me if I''m wrong). What kind of file is this ''datasample.cds''? How can I create similar functionality using my own data from database? I can create a virtual tree from my own data, but I''m missing the (+/-). My format is diferent, so I can''t use the sample .cds file. Thank you, Marju

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 1, 2004 10:58 PM UTC

If your database is a dataset with related tables, and the collapsible data is defined by these relations, then it will be simpler for you to use a GridDataBoundGrid to get this functionality. See this sample, Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.1.0.9\Grid\Samples\DataBound\Hierarchical\GDBGTreeLines. The data for the VirtTree sample is a custom format that is defined in the code of that sample. If you want to use the technique of that sample, then you would have to write code to take your data and set up the objects used in the sample. If possible, using a hiearchical GridDataBoundGrid will be much simpler.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 2, 2004 03:03 PM UTC

I trid to access the sample in ''www.Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.1.0.9\Grid\Samples\DataBound\Hierarchical\GDBGTreeLines'' but I got a message that it is not available or I don''t have access to it. I will try the bound grid, but I liked the way Virtual Tree Grid looks. One more question about the virtual grid: Can I create the format for (+/-) in code or do I still need the ''.cds'' file? Thank you, Marju >If your database is a dataset with related tables, and the collapsible data is defined by these relations, then it will be simpler for you to use a GridDataBoundGrid to get this functionality. See this sample, Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.1.0.9\Grid\Samples\DataBound\Hierarchical\GDBGTreeLines. > >The data for the VirtTree sample is a custom format that is defined in the code of that sample. If you want to use the technique of that sample, then you would have to write code to take your data and set up the objects used in the sample. If possible, using a hiearchical GridDataBoundGrid will be much simpler.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 2, 2004 03:22 PM UTC

I found the sample. Thank you.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon