We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Remove range with different heights

When I tried to remove a single row using the RemoveRange function I encountered a problem when the row being removed is one row above a row that has a large height. When the specified row is removed, it is the height of the removed row that is used to reposition the remaining rows, which is incorrect. The same thing happens if the large height row is removed.

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 1, 2004 09:59 PM UTC

I am not sure I understand what you are describing. Below is a little sample where row 2 and 4 have tall rowheights. It has a button that allows you to remove row 3. In 2.1.0.9, when you remove Row 3, you see the two tall rows adjacent to each other which is what I would expect. Do you want some other behavior or am I missing your point? WindowsApplication10_4437.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 2, 2004 05:03 PM UTC

I forgot to mention one important thing. If you set OptimizeInsertRemoveCells = true, you sample exhibits the same behavior as mine.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 2, 2004 05:09 PM UTC

I think you can work around this by calling grid.Refresh after the row has been removed. This is a bug we will try to get fixed.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 2, 2004 05:32 PM UTC

True, but that defeats the purpose of the OptimizeInsertRemoveCells. One followup. If I add an email address to the post, is that information public?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 2, 2004 06:21 PM UTC

You are correct, this does defeat the purpose. But you could try grid.RefreshRange on the deleted row inself to see if this would handle it without redrawing the whole grid. As far as the email address, I think not. But to err on the prudent side, if you do not want it exposed, then you probably better off not adding it.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon