We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Any ideas to improve performance?

This control is great! But there is problem with performance: (ver 3.0.0.19) line " this.htmluiControl1 = new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.HTMLUI.HTMLUIControl(); " takes about 120 milliseconds to execute (my Pc - 3GHZ P4, 1GB ram) Then, I build a simple test project with this component the only control in the form. All settings for HTMLUI are deafult. When I run it, I can see ~0.3sec lag between the form is displayd and the contents of the HTMLUI control is rendered (the contents is default inserted by the from designer). Any plans to improve performance?

2 Replies

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team November 30, 2004 01:17 PM UTC

Hi, Thank you for your interest in the Syncfusion Essential HTMLUI product. The HTMLUIControl uses multithreading for loading documents. The document loading happens in a separate thread and the HTMLUIControl''s display is updated once the document has been loaded. We are working on improving the speed of loading and parsing the HTML document and this should result in performance improvements. We will also work on improving the initialization of the control. I will pass on this information to the development team and inform you when the necessary changes are done. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 1, 2004 07:47 AM UTC

>Thank you for your interest in the Syncfusion Essential HTMLUI product. Thank you for responce. >The HTMLUIControl uses multithreading for loading documents. The document loading happens in a separate thread and the HTMLUIControl''s display is updated once the document has been loaded. I think that one of the common scenarios of HTMLUI usage will be to load the document _AND_ wait upon the loading is finished. In this case creating of extra thread leads to performance penalties. Suggestion: 2 version of LoadHTML method - asyncronious (as now) and syncronious. BTW, is there an ability to get the dimensions (in pixels) of the loaded document? I.e. the minimum size of the WinForm''s control to display the document without scroll bars?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon