We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grouping grid - memory exception

I am developing an mdi application. When I create a child form, i am initializing a grouping grid that is on the child during the form load. here is my code grdMemberships.DataSource = dt; grdGrpMemberships.TableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Add("parent_class_id"); // grdGrpMemberships.TableDescriptor.Columns["Membership"].GroupByOptions.CaptionText = "{Category} - {RecordCount} Items"; // grdGrpMemberships.TableDescriptor.Columns["Membership"].Width = 0; grdGrpMemberships.TableDescriptor.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowCaption = false; this works fine, until I uncomment the 2 commented lines either of these lines causes an out of memory exception and reports an error creating the window handle for the child. why is this happening.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 25, 2004 05:11 PM UTC

Hi Richard, does this also happen with the 3.0 version? Do you have a small sample or can you reproduce this with one of our samples? The error description itsself doesn''t ring any bells on my side. So I can''t tell if it has been fixed. But we made quite a few fixes we made for 3.0. So it is worth a try. Thanks, Stefan

RI Richard November 25, 2004 09:28 PM UTC

Thanks Stefan, I will try version 3.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon