We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Grouping grid - memory exception

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

21870 Nov 24,2004 07:44 PM Nov 25,2004 04:28 PM Windows Forms 2
Tags: Grouping
Richard
Asked On November 24, 2004 07:44 PM

I am developing an mdi application. When I create a child form, i am initializing a grouping grid that is on the child during the form load. here is my code grdMemberships.DataSource = dt; grdGrpMemberships.TableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Add("parent_class_id"); // grdGrpMemberships.TableDescriptor.Columns["Membership"].GroupByOptions.CaptionText = "{Category} - {RecordCount} Items"; // grdGrpMemberships.TableDescriptor.Columns["Membership"].Width = 0; grdGrpMemberships.TableDescriptor.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowCaption = false; this works fine, until I uncomment the 2 commented lines either of these lines causes an out of memory exception and reports an error creating the window handle for the child. why is this happening.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 25, 2004 12:11 PM

Hi Richard, does this also happen with the 3.0 version? Do you have a small sample or can you reproduce this with one of our samples? The error description itsself doesn''t ring any bells on my side. So I can''t tell if it has been fixed. But we made quite a few fixes we made for 3.0. So it is worth a try. Thanks, Stefan

Richard
Replied On November 25, 2004 04:28 PM

Thanks Stefan, I will try version 3.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;