We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Print Dialog Range

Hi I am trying to use the grid printing but want to enable the range of pages - is there anyway to get what the page range is from GridPrintDocument? Mine is always saying 0-9999 no matter what grid I try to print. Thanks, Corinne

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 23, 2004 05:11 PM UTC

After OnBeginPrint has been called, I think you can get the page count using (might be off by one): Dim info As GridPrintInfo = Me.GridDataBoundGrid1.PrintInfo Dim pageCt = info.m_awPageFirstCol.Count * info.m_awPageFirstRow.Count

CM Corinne Muir November 23, 2004 05:53 PM UTC

But I need it before onbeginPrint because I want to populate the print dialog with the available range...

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 23, 2004 06:07 PM UTC

The grid does not know the pages before OnBeginPrint. That is where the number of pages is computed. If you derive the GridProntDocument, you could expose a public method that allows you to call the protected OnBeginPrint method. This may let you compute the page count when you want it. Or, if you have the source code, you can write a method based on the code in the OnBeginPrint method that directly the number of pages.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon