We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Caption for GridGroupingControl.GroupDropPanel

Here is a little one (v2.1.0.9): How do I change the text that displays on the GridGroupingControl''s GroupDropArea: I''ve tried: GroupDropArea.Text GroupDropPanel.Text TableDescriptor.Name None of the seem to work as it always displays the name of the DataTable that is it''s datasource. Thanks, Kenton

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 17, 2004 07:22 PM UTC

The droparea is a little grid. Right now to change this text, you have to handle that grid''s PrepareViewStyleInfo event. Here is a forum thread with a sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=19661

KH Kenton Hensley November 17, 2004 10:52 PM UTC

Thank you, Clay. All fixed.

KH Kenton Hensley November 18, 2004 01:11 AM UTC

Another note and possible problem. A little confusion in my original post - I needed to change both the caption, which defaults to the text "Drag a column ..." and the text to the left of the caption. The text to the left of the caption is what defaults to displaying the table name ("MyTable" in your example code). This is set by the value in the TableDescriptor.Name property. However, on three out of four grids in my project, despite having this set to the desired text in the designer''s property editor, when it compiles and runs it does not display the name specified; it returns to the datatable name. I''ve checked the designer generated code and the property is set correctly there. I had to reset the property during form Load to get it to display the text I want. I cannot yet explain why one of the grids does display it correctly without needing to reset the value.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 18, 2004 07:46 AM UTC

This may have to do with the order events are being subscribed to. You might also try calling Model.ResetVolatileData on the droparea grid to see if that affects things. If you can post a little sample showing the problem, we can try to look to spot teh problem here.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon