We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DateTimePicker problem when select a month

Hi i am using Essential suite 2.1. I have a problem on datetimepicker control I have tested that in your exemples (sampler browser), and I have got the error... the bug is: - you''re on a dateTimePicker... - clic on the button to show the popup - clic on the month in order to change it BUG!!!!! the popup diseaper! How to fix that? thanks! bye! lobrys

9 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 18, 2004 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Lobrys, Thanks for reporting this issue. I was able to see the issue had have create a bug report with the development team. You can track the status of the bug here. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/issue.aspx?id=696 [It will be published online shortly] Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi > >i am using Essential suite 2.1. >I have a problem on datetimepicker control >I have tested that in your exemples (sampler browser), and I have got the error... > >the bug is: >- you''re on a dateTimePicker... >- clic on the button to show the popup >- clic on the month in order to change it >BUG!!!!! the popup diseaper! > >How to fix that? >thanks! > >bye! >lobrys >

SY Syl December 1, 2004 11:09 AM UTC

Hi The link doesnt work. Did you solve the problem? bye syl

JB Jurgen Beck December 7, 2004 12:07 AM UTC

Yes, I would like to know too whether this issue has been addressed. Folks, for the time being there are two many issues with the DateTimePickerAdv for it to be usable in a production environment. Fix these two issues and it will be Gold: 1) Allow manual entry of date when bound data field is NULL. 2) Month display disappears on Calendar popup. Jurgen

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 10, 2004 06:49 PM UTC

Hi Jurgen, 1) Please elaborate on the behavior that you would like to see. For example when the selected value is null in the DateTimePicker and the user presses Numeric Key "7"..what is the behavior that you expect to see in the DateTimePicker?. 2) The focus issue has been fixed internally and will be part of the 3.0 release. Thanks for your feeddback. Best regards, Stephen. >Yes, I would like to know too whether this issue has been addressed. > >Folks, for the time being there are two many issues with the DateTimePickerAdv for it to be usable in a production environment. Fix these two issues and it will be Gold: > >1) Allow manual entry of date when bound data field is NULL. > >2) Month display disappears on Calendar popup. > >Jurgen

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 14, 2004 09:05 PM UTC

Hi Stephen, Thanks for the update. I verified the fix on the focus issue in the RC for 3.0. On the first topic: A quite common scenario with the type of applications we develop is the fact that a new record gets created with some of the fields defined as datetime field types. Of course, an empty record also carries empty or Null values in the date fields. What the user then is required to do is to enter valid dates in the DateTimePicker control, thus requiring the DateTimePicker to allow the manual entry of date/time, even though the underlying (bound) data is a Null value. Of course, once an update is made to the dataset, the value from the manual entry in the control gets moved to the dataset and subsequently to the database. It would help tremendously to allow Null values to be updated manually on these bound datatime controls. Takes much less coding out of the picture and that''s what it''s all about, isn''t it? :-) Let me know if you need more input or this scenario is not clear. Jurgen >Hi Jurgen, > >1) Please elaborate on the behavior that you would like to see. For example when the selected value is null in the DateTimePicker and the user presses Numeric Key "7"..what is the behavior that you expect to see in the DateTimePicker?. > >2) The focus issue has been fixed internally and will be part of the 3.0 release. > >Thanks for your feeddback. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>Yes, I would like to know too whether this issue has been addressed. >> >>Folks, for the time being there are two many issues with the DateTimePickerAdv for it to be usable in a production environment. Fix these two issues and it will be Gold: >> >>1) Allow manual entry of date when bound data field is NULL. >> >>2) Month display disappears on Calendar popup. >> >>Jurgen

VB vbaker December 14, 2004 10:22 PM UTC

Hi Jurgen, I''m not a Syncfusion employee, but a customer of theirs who had a similar problem as yours. If you are referring to the DateTimePickerAdv control, to allow keyboard entry to override null values, have you tried first setting the NullModeKeyReset property to Any or NumericKeys? You can do it in design mode, or programmatically using: this.dateTimePickerAdv1.NullModeKeyReset = NullModeKeyReset.Any; or this.dateTimePickerAdv1.NullModeKeyReset = NullModeKeyReset.NumericKeys; This, apparently, enables "canceling" a null value binding via manual keyboard override. Also, when binding, be sure to use the the control''s BindableValue property to permit proper binding to null values. Hope this helps. Regards, --Van Baker >Hi Stephen, > >Thanks for the update. I verified the fix on the focus issue in the RC for 3.0. > >On the first topic: > >A quite common scenario with the type of applications we develop is the fact that a new record gets created with some of the fields defined as datetime field types. Of course, an empty record also carries empty or Null values in the date fields. > >What the user then is required to do is to enter valid dates in the DateTimePicker control, thus requiring the DateTimePicker to allow the manual entry of date/time, even though the underlying (bound) data is a Null value. Of course, once an update is made to the dataset, the value from the manual entry in the control gets moved to the dataset and subsequently to the database. > >It would help tremendously to allow Null values to be updated manually on these bound datatime controls. Takes much less coding out of the picture and that''s what it''s all about, isn''t it? :-) > >Let me know if you need more input or this scenario is not clear. > >Jurgen > >>Hi Jurgen, >> >>1) Please elaborate on the behavior that you would like to see. For example when the selected value is null in the DateTimePicker and the user presses Numeric Key "7"..what is the behavior that you expect to see in the DateTimePicker?. >> >>2) The focus issue has been fixed internally and will be part of the 3.0 release. >> >>Thanks for your feeddback. >> >>Best regards, >> >>Stephen. >> >>>Yes, I would like to know too whether this issue has been addressed. >>> >>>Folks, for the time being there are two many issues with the DateTimePickerAdv for it to be usable in a production environment. Fix these two issues and it will be Gold: >>> >>>1) Allow manual entry of date when bound data field is NULL. >>> >>>2) Month display disappears on Calendar popup. >>> >>>Jurgen

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 17, 2004 11:22 AM UTC

Thanks, Van! I will give it a try. :-) Jurgen >Hi Jurgen, > >I''m not a Syncfusion employee, but a customer of theirs who had a similar problem as yours. If you are referring to the DateTimePickerAdv control, to allow keyboard entry to override null values, have you tried first setting the NullModeKeyReset property to Any or NumericKeys? You can do it in design mode, or programmatically using: > >this.dateTimePickerAdv1.NullModeKeyReset = NullModeKeyReset.Any; > >or > >this.dateTimePickerAdv1.NullModeKeyReset = NullModeKeyReset.NumericKeys; > > >This, apparently, enables "canceling" a null value binding via manual keyboard override. Also, when binding, be sure to use the the control''s BindableValue property to permit proper binding to null values. > >Hope this helps. > >Regards, > >--Van Baker > > > >>Hi Stephen, >> >>Thanks for the update. I verified the fix on the focus issue in the RC for 3.0. >> >>On the first topic: >> >>A quite common scenario with the type of applications we develop is the fact that a new record gets created with some of the fields defined as datetime field types. Of course, an empty record also carries empty or Null values in the date fields. >> >>What the user then is required to do is to enter valid dates in the DateTimePicker control, thus requiring the DateTimePicker to allow the manual entry of date/time, even though the underlying (bound) data is a Null value. Of course, once an update is made to the dataset, the value from the manual entry in the control gets moved to the dataset and subsequently to the database. >> >>It would help tremendously to allow Null values to be updated manually on these bound datatime controls. Takes much less coding out of the picture and that''s what it''s all about, isn''t it? :-) >> >>Let me know if you need more input or this scenario is not clear. >> >>Jurgen >> >>>Hi Jurgen, >>> >>>1) Please elaborate on the behavior that you would like to see. For example when the selected value is null in the DateTimePicker and the user presses Numeric Key "7"..what is the behavior that you expect to see in the DateTimePicker?. >>> >>>2) The focus issue has been fixed internally and will be part of the 3.0 release. >>> >>>Thanks for your feeddback. >>> >>>Best regards, >>> >>>Stephen. >>> >>>>Yes, I would like to know too whether this issue has been addressed. >>>> >>>>Folks, for the time being there are two many issues with the DateTimePickerAdv for it to be usable in a production environment. Fix these two issues and it will be Gold: >>>> >>>>1) Allow manual entry of date when bound data field is NULL. >>>> >>>>2) Month display disappears on Calendar popup. >>>> >>>>Jurgen

JB Joshua Bilma February 10, 2018 11:09 PM UTC

Good

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team February 13, 2018 05:27 AM UTC

Hi Joshua, 

Thanks for your update. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Keerthana J 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon