We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

If I make Application enabled with XP style then ...Tool.XPMenus get broken

Hi, everyone. I had downloaded an eval copy of EssentialSuite v.2.1.0.10. I am trying to make my Application enabled with XP styles. But when I set Application.EnableVisualStyles(); I can`t use Form.ShowDialog(); method. After closing dialog window an external exception occurs somewhere in deeps of ...Tools.XPMenus. Example aplication is in attached file. 1. If I open dlg from button always is ok. But if I open dlg from menu "File/OpenDlg" after closing dialog app is broken with an external exception. 2. If menu bar is initialy in floating mode (make it floating, then reopen application). In that case it does not matter from where i open dlg. Error occurs in both cases when i open it from button and from menu. And additionaly in that case all buttons in my windows are not XP styled. Is there a version where bug is fixed? May be there is a workaround for that bug? Thanks in adv. Serg SyncfusionBug_7715.zip

13 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 15, 2004 10:12 PM UTC

Hi Serg, Thanks for bringing these issues to our attention. We have logged a QA report# 692 in this regard, and will try our very best to address the same at the earliest. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 15, 2004 10:13 PM UTC

Hi Serg, Also, note that if you wish to have themed look and feel for your menus, you need to set the MainFrameBarManager''s ThemesEnabled property to true. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SK Sergey Kouznetsov November 16, 2004 04:13 AM UTC

Thank you for reply Will wait for fixing Hope it will be in release v3.0 Serg.

ML M. Laughlin December 13, 2004 03:38 PM UTC

How is this bug fix coming along? We also have this problem, but only when the baritem that launches a dialog (ShowDialog) is located under a ParentBarItem under a ParentBarItem. Very strange. If we move the item, all is well, but then we can''t organize our menus like our customer expects.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 21, 2004 02:38 AM UTC

Hi Laughlin, I am afraid this issue has not been addressed yet. So far we have isolated the problem, and have observed that this problem occurs only in an Windows XP environment, but works fine on a Windows 2000 machine. I have once again notified the development team about this issue and have upped the priority of this QA report. We will try our very best to address this at the earliest. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 28, 2005 08:44 AM UTC

Is there any news about this issue?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 28, 2005 02:23 PM UTC

Hi Serg, From the developer: We''ve found a workaround for this issue. For correct sample running add Appllication.DoEvents() method (immediately before call to Application.Run()) with Application.EnableVisualStyles() in Main method or use neither Application.EnableVisualStyles() nor Appllication.DoEvents(). Hope this helps. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 31, 2005 06:14 AM UTC

Thank you Gregory, it is working.

ML M. Laughlin February 7, 2005 07:36 PM UTC

Note that the EnableVisualStyles needs to be executed BEFORE the DoEvents in order to use Visual Styles and ShowDialog in an application, as in: Application.EnableVisualStyles(); Application.DoEvents(); This works 99% of the time, but not always. The one place we have discovered where this technique does NOT work is when we use a Syncfusion XPMenu and configure a barItem under a parentBarItem under a parentBarItem. Say you have a top level menu called "File" and under that you have a parentMenuItem called "New" and under this you have a barItem called "open form". The click event of the "open form" barItem launches a dialog using ShowDialog(). When this dialog closes, no matter how it closes, the application explodes with an unhandled System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException, and this error can not be caught and handled. If this same barItem is placed directly on the XPMenu or under the "File" parentBarItem, this error does not occur. We''re pretty sure this is Microsoft''s problem, but this is happening only under specific conditions of a Syncfusion control so we are hoping you can come up with some sort of work-around for this problem.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 8, 2005 03:35 PM UTC

Hi, We''re still working on this problem, but I have come up with a workaround for the BarItem under a ParentBarItem under a ParentBarItem problem. Have the BarItem enable a short Timer. Then have the Timer open the Dialog. This way the menu will be closed when the Dialog opens, avoiding the exception. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2005 09:15 AM UTC

Remove EnableVisualStyles and use a manifest file instead.

BR Brad June 6, 2006 01:19 AM UTC

Can you provide a sample manifest with the correct settings for this. Thanks. >Remove EnableVisualStyles and use a manifest file instead. >

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team June 6, 2006 09:09 AM UTC

Hi Brad, The first way to afford Visual Styles is by the use of an XML application manifest file. This file must be in the same directory(bin\Debug\..) as the application itself and this file must have the same name of your application (exe) followed by the file extension ".manifest". I have attached a sample manifest file. Please drop / copy this file in the same location as your completed applications executable file. Please let me know if you have any questions. SyncfusionBug.exe.zip Thank you, J.Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon