We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Strange behavior in gridGroupingControl

I''m getting strange behavior when using a GridGroupingControl on the "detail" side of a master-detail relationship. When the Master selection is changed, the detail grid updates-- until a certain number of times. Then, either it stops updating or an exception is thrown in the syncfusion.grouping.dll. To illustrate, in the "TripleMasterDetailGrid" demo, I replaced the detail grid (gridDataBoundGrid2) with a gridGroupingControl, and set its DataSource and DataMember to parentTable and "ParentToChild". When I run it, after selecting a value from the Master grid the second time, the program crashes and I see the following output in the debugger: catched at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.SynchronizeGridWithEngine() in :line 0 An unhandled exception of type ''System.NullReferenceException'' occurred in syncfusion.grouping.dll Additional information: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Is there something I should be doing to prevent this, or is it a problem in the gridGroupingControl? --Van Baker

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 13, 2004 12:48 PM UTC

What version are you using? Here is a little sample using 2.1.0.9 that seems to work OK. You might try your sample with the 3.0 beta as well. GGC_TripleMasterDetails_6714.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 13, 2004 12:57 PM UTC

Find attached also a sample that was created for for version 3.0. We will most likely include that as sample in the final release. MasterDetailForm_7540.zip It also shows how to enable binding for some grids and disable binding for others using the BindToCurrencyManager property. Stefan

VB vbaker November 13, 2004 02:40 PM UTC

I am using version 2.1.0.9 that has the 2.1.0.52 patch instaled (which fixed another issue with the GGC). I built and ran your GGCTripleMasterDetail sample and it exhibits the same behavior I reported above. Is there another patch, or is the version 3 beta pretty stable? (My app is in early testing phase with the customer and stability is very important.) Thanks, --Van Baker

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 13, 2004 03:27 PM UTC

I think you should try the 3.0 beta. It is stable.

VB vbaker November 13, 2004 04:24 PM UTC

>I think you should try the 3.0 beta. It is stable. Can you email me the 3.0 beta link? I don''t have it. Thanks, Van Baker

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 13, 2004 04:43 PM UTC

Done

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon