We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grouping by display member

Hi, I have a group grid and i have made my grouping cell into a databound combobox. In the group header caption, it displays the value member. How do i make it pick up the display member of the comboxbox?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 10, 2004 07:48 PM UTC

In the upcoming version 3.0 (it will be out any day now ...) we do have extensive support for foreign keys. You can then simply group by the display member. With the existing 2.x version it is a bit tricky. You could add a unbound field, handle the QueryValue event for that field and then group by the unbound field. The field can be hidden from the VisibleColumns collection so that it does not appear twice. Stefan

BH Bernard Herrok November 10, 2004 08:00 PM UTC

Will version 3 be backward compatible? Or do we have to reprogram, the grid and their properties? Do you have a sample handy for your sugestion above?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 10, 2004 08:08 PM UTC

Hi Bernard, yes - it will be mostly backward compatible so you only have to recompile your application. Attached find a sample that adds a unbound field to do the mapping. You can group by this unbound field and at the same time hide it in your columns collecion. The sample also handles QueryCoveredRange and disables the covering for the TopLevelGroup caption - you can simply ignore that code ... Stefan UnboundField_1932.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon