We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Binder in GridGroupingControl

I''m using the GridGroupingControl the first time and looking for the Binder property. Exists an equivalent class or do we have to use the BindingContext directly? I''m often using the Binder.Suspend/ResumeBinding() methods in the GDBG and I''ll port the code to the GridGroupingControl. Thanks Thomas

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 10, 2004 07:44 PM UTC

Hi Thomas, grouping control has no Binder property. To achieve similar results to Binder.Suspend/ResumeBinding() you should set groupingControl.Table.TableDirty = true. This tells the grid that the table is dirty and subsequent ListChanged events can be ignored. Once the grid gets displayed or you access records (e.g. call Record.SetCurrent) the table will be categorized. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 11, 2004 06:12 AM UTC

Hi Stefan Thanks for you response. In the GDBG, I''m using the following code when I replace the data in the grid: this.grdData.BeginUpdate() this.grdData.Binder.SuspendBinding() -- replace the data by merge into the DataSet this.grdData.Model.ResetVolatileData() this.grdData.Binder.ResumeBinding() this.grdData.EndUpdate() this.grdData.Refresh() What is the correct way in the GroupingControl when I''m updating the whole data. Thanks Thomas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 11, 2004 03:24 PM UTC

Try this: this.grdData.BeginUpdate() this.grdData.Table.TableDirty = true -- replace the data by merge into the DataSet this.grdData.EndUpdate(false) this.grdData.Refresh() In earlier versions there was no BeginUpdate / EndUpdate methods on GridGroupingControl. You can then just call this.grdData.TableControl.BeginUpdate() instead. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 11, 2004 08:05 PM UTC

Thanks Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon