We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

XPMenus in a baseclass

I build a baseclass for datamanipulation which includes a childframebarmanager control. I defined the main toolbar and the main menu for this baseclass. Now, when I inherit from this class to build an implementation of a dataform, the designer cannot load the design view of this form (see attached file). Isn't it possible to do something like that? How should I build such a behavior instead? Do I have to put a childformbarmanager on each form? kind regards, Alex

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 2, 2002 12:35 PM UTC

We did some testing and realised that there are some issues with the ChildFrameBarManager that doesn't let you put it in a base Form and design it in a derived Form. We will fix this issue in the final release. We apologize for the inconvenience. -Praveen Ramesh > I build a baseclass for datamanipulation which includes a childframebarmanager control. I defined the main toolbar and the main menu for this baseclass. > > Now, when I inherit from this class to build an implementation of a dataform, the designer cannot load the design view of this form (see attached file). > > Isn't it possible to do something like that? > How should I build such a behavior instead? > Do I have to put a childformbarmanager on each form? > > kind regards, > > Alex

AB Alex Brunner May 22, 2002 07:01 AM UTC

Could it be possible to receive a patch for this problem? It won't make very much sense, if I now start building an application and have to place the XPMenus in every form instead of deriving from a base form that already holds this ChildFrameBarManager and just customize it. Alex

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 22, 2002 08:26 AM UTC

Yes, we can send you a patch in a day or 2. -Praveen

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 29, 2002 12:20 PM UTC

Alex, We now have full design-time support for the XP Menus in the derived Form's designer. But, we are not comfortable in sending you a patch, considering that many of our componants are in development-mode for RC2 and hence a little unstable. Please wait for a few more days for our RC2 release. Thanks -Praveen Ramesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon