We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DataBoundGrid resizing columns

Hi, I am using Databound Grid. I am having trouble setting row heights. 1. Is there any way to set the row heights automatically increase when the user types in a cell? I want to programatically set the col widths to say 200. Then the row height should ajust to 2 lines or 3 depending on the text in that cell. In my attached sample, I want to resize the rows based on my "Notes" column. 2. Why am I getting some kind of exception printed on console window when I click clear button (set rowCount = 0)? 3. I am getting duplicate GridStyleInfo's generated in my code when I added some bound columns and modified them later. I am using the latest SP and my project is brand new. I beleive this bug is fixed. But I am seeing it again. Can you look at my program and suggest any changes. thanks, - Reddy

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 17, 2002 08:09 PM UTC

I attached a modified form1.cs with inline comments. We found out that the issue with duplicate column styles still happens in some certain cases, especially when you place several grids on one form. We have an interim version where we have changed the approach now where we write out the code as gridBoundColumn.StyleInfo.xxx = value instead of allocating instances. That should finally solve that issue alltogether. This will be available with the next patch. Sorry about that! Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon