We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

sequence

Hi Arun, If I have 20 symbols in a digram, then I connect them using directed or just link. How can I determine the sequence (order)? what I am trying to do is to amke a flow chart and interpret it according drawing step by step. There also three port and four port symbol in my diagram, for example conditional loop. If -Then _Else will have four port, I need to know the data flow in/out. Thanks, Chris

5 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team November 5, 2004 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Chris, 1. As noted in this forums post, you will have to implement a mechanism with your application to handle this. 2. You can use the IGraphNode and the IGraphEdge interfaces to determine links coming in and going out of a Symbol. Refer to this forums post that also includes a sample which shows how you can have different colors for links coming in/ going out of a Symbol. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 8, 2004 03:27 PM UTC

Hi Arun, Here is what I have done. 1, I create customs symbols in palette, and drag them into a diagram 2,Link all symbols with order 3, I can itenerate all Nodes and downcast node to my custom symbol class. Here is what I want to do--Loop all symbols, and find out the connection sequence. in your changing in/out link color example, how can I find symbols which connected to rather than links? So could you make another example to show how connected symbols will change colors? Thanks, Chris

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 8, 2004 09:24 PM UTC

Hi, Assuming we can get incoming Link and Outgoing Link, how can I find symbols which are connected on this Link? Thanks, Chris

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team November 8, 2004 09:54 PM UTC

Hi Chris As noted in the sample posted you could use the IGraphEdge interface as demonstrated by the following code snippet to determine the nodes (Symbols) connected to a Link: private void GetLinkSymbols_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { if ((this.diagram1.SelectionList.Count == 1) || (this.diagram1.SelectionList.First.GetType() == typeof(Link))) { IGraphEdge curLink = this.diagram1.SelectionList.First as IGraphEdge; INode fromNode = curLink.FromNode as INode; INode toNode = curLink.ToNode as INode; MessageBox.Show("This link is between: " + fromNode.Name + " and " + toNode.Name); } } Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 9, 2004 03:44 PM UTC

Arun, Thanks. It works. Chris

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon