We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Points at edge of chart are not fully drawn

When data points fall exactly on a boundary of the graph or on the axis, they are clipped, and only the part of their shape that falls inside the chart area is drawn. I understand that this happens because you limit the points to be drawn only in the rectangle of the chart area, but we''ve got users (and management) who expect a point falling on the boundary or axis still to be drawn as a full circle or other shape, not clipped. Is there any way to achieve this? Thanks!

4 Replies

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team November 4, 2004 02:32 PM UTC

Hi Rich, One way of getting around this problem is to adjust the axis range. Please see the sample linked to below: ChartAdjustAxisRange_898.zip Regards, Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 5, 2004 01:39 PM UTC

Thanks for the response. It''s true that adjusting the axes to move the points away from the boundaries prevents the problem from showing up, but we have users that won''t be satisifed with that as the solution. I''d like to request that you fix it by making the chart capable of drawing points at the edges without clipping them. (I''ve been told that if you don''t fix it I''ll have to, and I''m trying to avoid making changes to your sources.) It''s particularly noticeable when a data point has y = 0 and the axis scale puts it right on the line. Also, it''s particularly noticeable (and causes complaints from user) when the handy automatic axis scaling causes points to be drawn at the edge and clipped. Thanks! >Hi Rich, > >One way of getting around this problem is to adjust the axis range. Please see the sample linked to below: > >ChartAdjustAxisRange_898.zip > >Regards, > >Davis > >

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team November 9, 2004 03:31 AM UTC

Hi Rich, Thanks for the feeback. We will certainly look into fixing this issue. Was the sample a reasonable reproduction of the problem? Please confirm and we will use it as the basis for the fix. Thanks, Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 20, 2004 06:03 PM UTC

(Sorry, I didn''t notice your last response) Yes, the sample illustrates it. Since the sample uses what seems like an exaggerated point size, though, it''s not clear what a reasonable expectation would be regarding clipping or overrunning the chart area. I took the same example and changed the point size to 10x10 pixels. To get it to run past the edge, I added one more point (16, 16) to the series. It looks fine initially but when you check and then uncheck the "adjust axis range" box, the last point is clipped on the right side. Since the example now has fairly small points, it "feels" more reasonable to expect the point to somehow be drawn without clipping. I realize that there''s no qualitative difference between the two cases, though... Anyway, yes, the example illustrates it. Please keep me posted. Thanks! - Rich >Hi Rich, > >Thanks for the feeback. We will certainly look into fixing this issue. Was the sample a reasonable reproduction of the problem? Please confirm and we will use it as the basis for the fix. > >Thanks, > >Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon