We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Headers and footers in edit control print

Hi, I need to insert header and footer text into the print document that I''m printing from the edit control. The header and footer text aren''t part of the edit control text and need to be built programatically. I also need to preserve the color and formating of the edit control text. How would I accomplish this? Thanks, Gordon

3 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team November 5, 2004 05:07 PM UTC

Hi Gordon, You could use the technique demonstrated in this Essential Grid Knowledgebase Article. But, you cannot do this in the current version of Essential Edit and I have passed this along as a feature request for our new version of Essential Edit that will be shipping soon. Regards Arun

GR Gordon Rhea November 5, 2004 06:05 PM UTC

Hi Arun, I have a hack that is doing most of what I want. I did use that article to put in the header and footers and drew the lines of text one at a time into the print page using the PrintPageEventArgs.DrawString method and ended each page when the y coordinate was more than the page margins bottom. I''m thinking there has to be a better way to do this other than one line at a time. I also don''t have any of the coloring from the edit control. Thanks, Gordon

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team November 8, 2004 04:01 PM UTC

Hi Gordon, Yes, going through the Essential Edit source code, the Black brush is specified in the printing code which leads to this behavior. Also there is a check to see if the Printer supports color and this setting is explicitly set to false. I am followed up with the Edit team on this issue. They are currently working on the newer version of Edit and there will an alpha version available soon. The newer verison will include support for Headers and Footers and will include much better Printing Support. If you can open a support incident in Direct-Trac we can update it with instructions for you get the current alpha version of Essential Edit. Regards, Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon