We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

gridRecordNavigationControl usage for pagination

I would like to use the gridRecordNavigationControl to browse through data table pages, displaying one at a time. However, I do not see any docs on the way gridRecordNavigationControl interacts with the grid control that it contains. I am using virtual grid to make pagination possible on the level of the grid control, and it is correctly populated with data. However, the navigation control shows records instead of pages, and when I click on a record in the inner gridcontrol, it changes the record number. I would like to be able to paginate through records on the database side, so I always have to display a dataset with only one page. Thanks

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 2, 2004 10:21 PM UTC

The GridRecordNavigationControl is tied directly to the embedded grid as you noted. Instead of trying overcome this functionality, you might look at the \Shared\Samples\RecordNavigationControlDemo sample. That sample shows how to use an arbitrary object in a RecordNavigationControl class. This is the base class that the GridRecordNavigationControl is derived from. Working with this class will probably be simpler than overriding the functionailty in the GridRecordNavigationControl.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon