We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Capturing the Events of GripGroupingControl

hi,Can anyone tell me how to capture the sequence of events of the GripGroupingControl? I realise that for any action performed by a control may trigger events and some of these were in certain sequences. Currently, I''m having problem tracking down all these events for GridGroupingControl as I realise as a number of them and I can only set break points on every events and record down manually which I find it very tedious. Is there a better and faster way of capturing these events using certain Visualstudio tools or whatsoever? thanks alot for advicing. Best Regards Vincent

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 2, 2004 02:03 PM UTC

I do not know of a VS studio tool that will do this. One technique I use to see the flow of events is to add handlers with Console.Writelines in them writing out the event handler name. This way the events are displayed in the output window as they are hit when you run your application in debug. If you have the source code for the libraries, you can use the built-tracing functionality. Make sure you are using debug builds of the grid, shared, grouping, gridgrouping libraries. Tracing does not work in release versions. With debug builds, you should only have to include the exe.config file with the correct switches in your EXE folder. Here is a sample for a gridcontrol. Now in the grid\sample\Quick start\GridPad sample, there is a config file with a lot of the switches that have an ''s'' or ''x'' in front of them. This effectively turns off that particular tracing. Remove these extra characters if you want to their output in the trace. To see all the possible switches, look in the switches.cs file found in each library source.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon