We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Changing Tab Order

I am working on an app that uses an Advanced Tab Control. Inside are seven tab pages. Based on which tab page is selected, I open a different editable data grid in each. To determine which tab grid to populate I use the "SelectedIndexChanged" event handler. My problem is that the tab pages want to randomly change order making "SelectedIndexChanged" usless. I read thru previous posts and saw that the order the tabs are created is the order they want to reorder themselves to. I don''t believe that is the case. But I see there is no fix as yet. Then can I work around the problem another way? Is there a reference I can use to test for the text on the tab rather than numeric order? Thanks in advance!

2 Replies

TA Tom Affholter November 1, 2004 10:45 PM UTC

I have been playing around and believe this will be a work around. Me.tabMain.TabPages(Me.tabMain.SelectedIndex()).Text() This returns the text on the tab for the selected tab page. If I change my case statement to the text, reordered tabs are not a problem. Any comments? >I am working on an app that uses an Advanced Tab Control. Inside are seven tab pages. Based on which tab page is selected, I open a different editable data grid in each. To determine which tab grid to populate I use the "SelectedIndexChanged" event handler. My problem is that the tab pages want to randomly change order making "SelectedIndexChanged" usless. > >I read thru previous posts and saw that the order the tabs are created is the order they want to reorder themselves to. I don''t believe that is the case. But I see there is no fix as yet. Then can I work around the problem another way? Is there a reference I can use to test for the text on the tab rather than numeric order? > >Thanks in advance!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 3, 2004 11:17 AM UTC

Hi Tom, Please refer to the following KB article for information in this regard : Why is the position of the tab pages in the tab control not the same during runtime and design time, sometimes? Let me know if I have not understood your problem correctly. If so, a test sample showing the same would be of great help here. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon