We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Missing Child Toolbars

Anyone else having issues where child toolbars just go missing? As in, they are still there (can see them via the editor, they render correctly in runtime) but the toolbar doesn''t render on screen. I get the feeling that were I able to reset the X/Y for design time position they would just show up again.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 1, 2004 02:40 PM UTC

Hi Marc, Please try the following suggestions and let me know if it helps : 1. Delete the contents of your Isolated Storage folder. This folder can be found at C:\Documents and Settings\{user name}\Local Settings\Application Data\IsolatedStorage. 2. Set the MainFrameBarManager''s AutoLoadToolBarPositions and AutoPersistCustomization properties to false. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

ML Marc LaFleur November 1, 2004 02:51 PM UTC

Hi Guru, Afraid that didn''t work. And just to be clear, I''ve never had a problem with MainFrameBarManager, only the child version (this is an MDI application). Marc >Hi Marc, > >Please try the following suggestions and let me know if it helps : > >1. Delete the contents of your Isolated Storage folder. This folder can be found at C:\Documents and Settings\{user name}\Local Settings\Application Data\IsolatedStorage. > >2. Set the MainFrameBarManager''s AutoLoadToolBarPositions and AutoPersistCustomization properties to false. > >We appreciate your cooperation. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 1, 2004 05:24 PM UTC

Hi Marc, Thanks for the update. In the main form''s Load event handler, invoke the MainFrameBarManager''s RegisterMdiChildTypes method as shown below : private void Form1_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { this.mainFrameBarManager1.RegisterMdiChildTypes(new Type[]{childForm.GetType()}); } Please try this and let me know how it goes. If this does not help, send us a test sample that shows this issue so that we could investigate it here. Also note that in a MDI application, the child form''s toolbars are displayed in the main form''s menus. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon