We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Changing cell text at runtime issue.

I have an issue setting the text of a cell at runtime in a data bound grid. I use the following code to set the text of a cell when a use clicks a menu item. The very first time this is done the value in the cell does not change, although I can see it flicker. Any subsequent click of the menu item changes the text of the cell. What do I need to do to get this to work the first time it is run? grdDetail.Binder.BeginEdit() grdDetail(grdDetail.CurrentCell.RowIndex, cellIdx).Text = value grdDetail.Binder.EndEdit()

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 29, 2004 02:47 PM UTC

The only problem I can think of is if teh cell you are trying to change is an editing currentcell. In this case the change would be ignored probably. Here is a little sample that avoid this problem in 2.1.0.9. Does it work for you? Are you doing something differently? WindowsApplication13_4706.zip

CT Chris Thompson November 5, 2004 11:55 AM UTC

One other odd thing here. Maybe this will help find an answer... If I am on the first row of the grid, and even if I click on the first row of the grid, I see the text I am writing in the cell "flash". It appears, and then disappears. If I click on any other row in the grid, I can change the data of the cell for any row. I no longer see the data "flash".

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 5, 2004 02:03 PM UTC

What version of our dll''s are you using? I have seen the behavior you described in recent test builds here, but it does not happen in 2.1.0.9 for me using the same test samples.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon