We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cell Overflow with Right Alignment

If a cell is aligned to the right, but the text does not fit in the cell will overflow into the right cell. The behavior I would expect (as seen in Excel) would be for the overflow to occur to the left when the cell is right justified. Furthermore, if a cell was centered it should overflow to both the left and right (as Excel). I have attached an example that demonstrates this issue in which you will see that the text in row 4 aligns to B, but when show issue is pressed it aligns to D. Center (row 3) has a similar issue. It may be easiest to demonstrate with excel and sf side by side to show the differences in overflow using different horizontal alignments. colwidthissue_5861.zip Thanks, Steve P.S. I assume this would be an issue for languages that read right to left as well.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 28, 2004 02:58 PM UTC

Thank you for your sample. Currently floating cells only floats to the right, no matter what the horizontal alignment setting. (If you set RightToLeft.Yes, then the grid will float to the left.) I will discuss this with Stefan to see if this is something we can change.

Loader.
Up arrow icon