We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Is there anyway to rebuild all the samples using VS.NET 2003

Hi, I am trying to upgrade from 1.6.1.8 to 2.1.0.9 on Win2k/WinXP VS.NET 2003. I switched the assemblies to use .NET 1.1/VS.NET 2003. Now all my samples (including the sample browser) are not working. Is there anyway to build all the samples (using some kind of script)? Also, are there any things (heads up / gotchas / tips / tricks etc.) that I need to know before upgrading? thanks, - Reddy

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 28, 2004 01:22 PM UTC

Here is a NAnt script segment that builds all samples that was cut out of a larger NAnt script we use here to do nigthtly builds. You will have to tweak it probably, but maybe it can serve as a starting point for you. NAntSampleScript_231.zip There ar etwo main things to know moving from 1.6.1.8 to 2.1.0.9. The 2.0 uses a different licensing scheme. You have to make sure the licx file is used properly within the project you want to deploy to a system that does not have a properly licensed Syncfusion product installed. Here is a KB link on this. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10469 You also may have to run your resx files through a tool depending upon what type of information you have saved in your resx''s. Here is a KB link on this. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10370

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 28, 2004 03:59 PM UTC

I had old licenses.licx files. They have references to 1.6.1.8 in the text. The new files that are generated for the new forms have references to 2.1.0.9 for every control. Do I have to go back and add each and every Syncfusion control to the licenses.licx file? What should this file contain? One entry per DLL or one entry per control (class) ? thanks, - Reddy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 28, 2004 04:11 PM UTC

It is one entry per licensed control that your project uses. You can open up each form that holds a syncfusion control and touch the form. This should regenerate the licx file for you. You can also edit the licx files directly, and the recompile your projects.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon