We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ArgumentOutOfRange exception when using tabbed docking

hi, i''m playing around with the LinkedManagers sample of your docking framework. if repeatedly get an ArgumentOutOfRangeException when i move a tabpage from one container to another. steps to reproduce: start the sample 1. from the view menu select "Essential Suite"\"Suite Logo" 2. make "Suite Logo" floating 3. from the view menu select "Essential Suite"\"Suite Information" 4. drag "Suite Information" onto "Suite Logo" such that the two controls form two Tab Pages in the floating window. 5. repeat step 1 to 4 for "Essential Tool"\"Tools Logo" and "Essential Tools"\"Tools Information" you should now have two floating windows, each with two pages docked inside. 6. now drag a page from the one floating window to the other but do not drop it immediately. just move the mouse around over the tabs of the target floating window. it takes 10-20 seconds at longest until you get the exception. i checked it on two different machines here. i have version 2.1.0.9 of your suite and .NET 1.1 SP1 another thing is, that if you select "Floating" from the context menu of a docked controls caption, you cannot dock it back in any way. make the pages floating

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 2, 2004 08:57 AM UTC

Hi Guido, 1) I was not able to see the issue in the Linked Managers sample. I am also using version 1.1 and SP1. I will also also test on other machines and let you know. 2) I was able to see this issue. We will try to get this fixed as soon as posssible. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >hi, i''m playing around with the LinkedManagers sample of your docking framework. >if repeatedly get an ArgumentOutOfRangeException when i move a tabpage from one container to another. > >steps to reproduce: > >start the sample > >1. from the view menu select "Essential Suite"\"Suite Logo" >2. make "Suite Logo" floating >3. from the view menu select "Essential Suite"\"Suite Information" >4. drag "Suite Information" onto "Suite Logo" such that the two controls form two Tab Pages in the floating window. > >5. repeat step 1 to 4 for "Essential Tool"\"Tools Logo" and "Essential Tools"\"Tools Information" >you should now have two floating windows, each with two pages docked inside. > >6. now drag a page from the one floating window to the other but do not drop it immediately. just move the mouse around over the tabs of the target floating window. it takes 10-20 seconds at longest until you get the exception. >i checked it on two different machines here. > >i have version 2.1.0.9 of your suite and .NET 1.1 SP1 > >another thing is, that if you select "Floating" from the context menu of a docked controls caption, you cannot dock it back in any way. > >make the pages floating

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon