We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Reposition Grid ScrollBars

Is there a way to reposition the scrollbars within the grid. For example, if the there are two frozen columns on the left of the grid, is there a way to position the horizontal scrollbar so that its left edge is at the start of the third column?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 28, 2004 01:04 PM UTC

There is no facility to change the location of the grid''s internal scroll bars. If you need to do this, then I think the easiest way would be to hide the grid''s internal scrollbar, and position a Windows Forms Scrollbar where you need it and tie the grid''s scrolling to that scrollbar. We ship a sample that shows how you can do this. Grid\Samples\Quick Start\ScrollBars

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 29, 2004 03:57 PM UTC

Thanks for the info, it had all the information I needed. However, it would be kool if the Grid had a left and right inset for horizontal scroll bars and a top and bottom inset for vertical scroll bars. This would allow the user to adjust the positioning of the bars and be able to insert controls in the insets. >There is no facility to change the location of the grid''s internal scroll bars. If you need to do this, then I think the easiest way would be to hide the grid''s internal scrollbar, and position a Windows Forms Scrollbar where you need it and tie the grid''s scrolling to that scrollbar. We ship a sample that shows how you can do this. Grid\Samples\Quick Start\ScrollBars

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 29, 2004 04:40 PM UTC

You can free up clientarea for your controls using grid.GridBounds property. Here is a KB link that does this. It frees up space at the bottom of a grid so it can place a second grid to serve as a summary row for the first grid. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10398

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon