We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GUID - how to handle

I am fairly new to .Net and data management. I have yet to understand how I get my new record id back when using GUID? Or how to set it to newID() in execution of the insert? I am trying to achieve this with the Essential Grid. Many thanks, Knut Vonheim

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 16, 2002 12:08 PM UTC

I am sorry, but I do not have any insight on your question as I do not understand what you are trying to do. I searched all ADO.NET samples shipped with the .NET FrameWork and did not get any hits on GUID. Are you using some COM object? If you are trying to add a row to a DataTable, generally you call Datatable.NewRow to get a referrence to a new DataRow object. You then populate this DataRow, and then call DataTable.Rows.Add to add the new row to the datatable. The online FrameWork help for Datatable.NewRow shows code that handles this. If you will explain a little more about what you are doing, then maybe we could provide more insight.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon