We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Vinz: Can''t edit AddNewRowCell after setting CellType to ComboBox

hi, I can''t edit AddNewRowCell after setting CellType to ComboBox. For your information, I had set the AddNewRowCell as a ComboBox and bind it to a datasource. I click on an item inside the ComboBox but it didn''t reflect on the AddNewRowCell. Can anyone tell me what critical properties I need to set or configure? or it has to be done using coding? And the width of the ComboBox doesn''t align to the AddNewRowCell. Is there a way it can be of the same width?? Thanks alot if anyone can help me. :) note: I had attached a screen capture of the problem to assist my explanation. AddNewRowCell_4523.zip AddNewRowCell_922.zip AddNewRowCell_6138.zip AddNewRowCell_3489.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 28, 2004 09:01 AM UTC

In your code, you should check your output window to see if any exceptions are being thrown that is causing this behavior. Here is a sample that seems to work OK for me. You can select a value from the dropdown, and then when you leave the new row, it will add a row at the bottom of the grid. The combobox also drops using the width of the cell, and there is no space on the left except the column header. If you cannot spot what is different about your code and this sample, then if you will post a working sample showing the problem, we can try to debug it here. I am using 2.1.0.9. GGCAddNewCombo_7532.zip

VL Vincent Loy Chee Hoon October 29, 2004 10:33 AM UTC

Thanks alot Clay :) I manage to get it work. But I got another question related to my previous question. Is it possible to set the ComboBox to behave like a DropdownList and the same time I would to set the Column''s RecordfieldCell to be non-editable? I tried to set the column to Readonly but it causes the ComboBox(AddNewRecordCell) to be readOnly also. Is there any work around ways that recordfieldCell is not editable while the ComboBox(AddNewRecordCell) is selectable Thanks :) Best Regards Vinz

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 29, 2004 02:51 PM UTC

You can force the user to select from the dropdown setting the style.DropDownStyle = GridDropDownStyle.Exclusive for the AddNewRowCell. They would still be able to hit keys to scroll through the values in the drop list.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon