We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TreeView and Node ToolTips

I''m having a problem with TreeViewAdv and the tooltips that appear. Sometimes, these tooltips stay on the screen even after the modal window containing the treeview is gone. Also, when this happens, the tooltip seems to block CLick events on the relevant node. is there a workaround?

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 24, 2004 07:31 PM UTC

Hi Justin, What do you mean when you say tooltips ? Are you referring to the HelpText associated with each TreeNodeAdv or the Text that gets displayed as the Tooltip when the TreeNodeAdv is partially hidden ? A test sample showing the same would be of great help. If you are referring to the second issue, this was a known problem in Essential Suite v2.1.0.9 and this has been taken care of internally. The fixes are expected to be incorporated in the next release of Essential Suite. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

JK Justin Koh October 27, 2004 01:22 PM UTC

Yes, I meant the latter case. I''m gld to know that it has been fixed. >Hi Justin, > >What do you mean when you say tooltips ? Are you referring to the HelpText associated with each TreeNodeAdv or the Text that gets displayed as the Tooltip when the TreeNodeAdv is partially hidden ? A test sample showing the same would be of great help. If you are referring to the second issue, this was a known problem in Essential Suite v2.1.0.9 and this has been taken care of internally. The fixes are expected to be incorporated in the next release of Essential Suite. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

TW Than Williams November 12, 2004 02:29 PM UTC

On a related note, is it possible to completely disable the appearance of TreeNodeAdv Text as a tool tip when the TreeNodeAdv is partially hidden? I would like to completely disable the ToolTipControl associated with a given TreeViewAdv. I haven''t been able to locate any documentation on ToolTipControl or ToolTipAdv. Thanks, Nathaniel Williams >Hi Justin, > >What do you mean when you say tooltips ? Are you referring to the HelpText associated with each TreeNodeAdv or the Text that gets displayed as the Tooltip when the TreeNodeAdv is partially hidden ? A test sample showing the same would be of great help. If you are referring to the second issue, this was a known problem in Essential Suite v2.1.0.9 and this has been taken care of internally. The fixes are expected to be incorporated in the next release of Essential Suite. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 15, 2004 09:56 PM UTC

Hi Nathaniel, You could do so by handling the BeforePopup event associated with the TreeViewAdv.ToolTipControl as shown below : this.treeViewAdv1.ToolTipControl.BeforePopup += new CancelEventHandler (Tooltip_BeforePopup); private void Tooltip_BeforePopup (object sender, CancelEventArgs args) { args.Cancel = true; } Please refer to the test sample attached that illustrates this and let me know if this meets your requirements. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

TW Than Williams November 16, 2004 05:31 PM UTC

This code does exactly what I required! Thanks, Nathaniel >Hi Nathaniel, > >You could do so by handling the BeforePopup event associated with the TreeViewAdv.ToolTipControl as shown below : > >this.treeViewAdv1.ToolTipControl.BeforePopup += new CancelEventHandler (Tooltip_BeforePopup); > > private void Tooltip_BeforePopup (object sender, CancelEventArgs args) > { > args.Cancel = true; > } > >Please refer to the test sample attached that illustrates this and let me know if this meets your requirements. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 19, 2004 11:22 AM UTC

Hi Nathaniel, Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you need any other information. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon