We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hod do I force GridFilterBar to reapply ?

I have a grid with GridFilterBar attached to it. Occasionally the dataview behind the grid changes filter. I Unwire() filter before updating and Wire() it back up, however the filtering criteria lost at that point. There is an issue and a question: Issue: if I had a value selected in filter, and I select the same value after rewiring grid - nothign happens. No exceptions, no events triggered nothing. If I then select different value (or different filter) - filter resumes to work as normal. Question: I tried implementing my own filter to save the values in between refreshes. (attached) It restores the values in the cells properly, but the filter is not created. Is there a way to force the grid to apply the filter ? SyncfusionGridSupport_2834.zip

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 22, 2004 06:29 AM UTC

Here is a sample showing one way you can persist filters through UnWire/Wire calls. FilterBarSample_6054.zip

MF Michael Feinstein October 22, 2004 11:03 PM UTC

This works when I am changing data, but not when I am changing the filter on the view behind the grid (which is what I am actually doing :) However your sample pushed me in the right direction, now I wrote code to save the filter generated by filter bar and reapplying it after rewiring seem to do the trick.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon