We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ComboBox Exclusive

Is there a property of the ComboBoxAdv or other combobox that makes it work like a GridBoundBound column with CellType = ComboBox and DropDownStyle = Exclusive? In other words, how do you make a combobox accept multiple key presses and still be exclusive? Thank you, Steve

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 24, 2004 05:56 PM UTC

Hi Steve, Please refer to the ComboBoxBase control with its DropDownStyle property set to DropDownList. Let me know if this works for you. You could access ComboBoxBase related samples at this directory ..\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.1.0.9\Tools\Samples\Editors Package\ComboBoxBase. Please let me know if this not meet your requirements. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

TS Todd Swygert October 27, 2004 02:34 PM UTC

The GridBoundBound column with CellType = ComboBox and DropDownStyle = Exclusive is the exact functionality I want. For example, if I have three items in my combobox: Alabama Alaska Louisiana Typing "Alas" will highlight the Alaska item in the ComboBox GridBoundBound column above, but typing "Al" in the ComboBoxBase (with DropDownList style) will select Louisiana on the "l" key. Both comboboxes don''t allow invalid key press. I was just curious if any ComboxBoxes contained a property like this? Thanks, Steve

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 29, 2004 05:09 PM UTC

Hi Steve, Thanks for the update. I understand your requirements better now. We had a feature request (QA 650) for this kind of autocompletion behavior, and it has been implemented recently. This feature is still internal and will be a part of the next release of Essential Suite. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon