We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TextBox within a toolBar

I''D like to add a textBox in a toolbar of my childForms. How can I achieve this ? Thank''s in advance for help. Louis

11 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 21, 2004 06:04 PM UTC

Hi Louis, The XPMenus.Bar can host objects of type BarItem only. If you wish to host any other controls in the menus, please use the MainFrameBarManager''s detached CommandBar for this purpose. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

LO Louis October 22, 2004 01:02 PM UTC

Unfortunately, your suggestion doesn''t really help me because what I''d like to do is to add a detached bar for ChildForms in a MDIscenario not for MainForms. So I can''t use MainFrameBarManager. A support incident in my Direct-Trac account has been created. Regards, Louis >Hi Louis, > >The XPMenus.Bar can host objects of type BarItem only. If you wish to host any other controls in the menus, please use the MainFrameBarManager''s detached CommandBar for this purpose. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 24, 2004 06:18 PM UTC

Hi Louis, Thanks for creating a Direct-Trac incident 14268 in this regard. Please refer to my response there. Thanks for your cooperation, and continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

BR Badri Rajani Kanth January 31, 2007 06:35 PM UTC

Dear Syncfusion,

We are working with V 4.2.0.37.

Can we now have a text box in toolbar? Ideally we are expecting some thing like TextBoxToolBarItem.

Rgds
Rajani Kanth

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team February 1, 2007 06:12 AM UTC

Hi Rajani,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

We can use the TextBoxBarItem to add textbox in a tool bar.

Please have a look at the attached sample and let me know if this does not meet your requirement.

Best Regards,
Golda

baritemtest.zip

BR Badri Rajani Kanth February 1, 2007 10:29 AM UTC

Thank You Golda,

The TextBoxBarItem does not have all the properties and events of a simple textbox. For example, I want to do some thing only when user hits enter key.

Is there a way to create any widget with one or more controls and use that as toolbar item?

Rgds
Rajani Kanth

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team February 2, 2007 03:35 PM UTC

Hi Rajani,

As mentioned earlier in this thread, we can use MainFrameBarManager's detached CommandBar for this purpose. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Golda

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2007 12:32 PM UTC

I would really need to be able to let the user press enter to , I also use a TextBoxBarItem for my input. Any help how this can be done (using MainFrameBarManager?).
Thanks.

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team March 5, 2007 02:53 PM UTC

Hi Anders,

With the current implementation, the TextBoxBarItem does not have all the events of a TextBox. However, we have logged a feature request in this regard and will be available in the next release.

I have attached a sample that uses MainFrameBarManager's detached commandbar that hosts the textbox. Please have a look at it and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Golda

xpmenus0.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 8, 2007 11:50 AM UTC

Will this request make it to the v. 5 release?

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team March 12, 2007 01:17 PM UTC

Hi Anders,

Yes. This feature will be available in the Essential Studio Version 5 which is due in the last week of March.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Golda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon