We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Wizard Control Help Button

Hi, I''m trying to remove the Help button from the wizard control. I have tried to set the visible property to false in the designer and it''s removed in the designer, however once I compile and run the program it is back. How can I remove a button from the wizard? Thanks, Gordon

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 22, 2004 04:09 PM UTC

Hi Gordon, Sorry for the delay in responding. This is not the intended behavior. The help button should not appear during runtime if the HelpVisible property is set to false for a page. Could you please provide more information on the version of Essential Tools that you are using. Also, if possible post a sample here or you can create a Direc-Trac incident. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi, >I''m trying to remove the Help button from the wizard control. I have tried to set the visible property to false in the designer and it''s removed in the designer, however once I compile and run the program it is back. > >How can I remove a button from the wizard? > >Thanks, >Gordon

GR Gordon Rhea October 22, 2004 05:59 PM UTC

I''m using Essential Suite v.2.1.0.9. I was setting the HelpButton.visible property to false in the designer (see attached doc for screen shot). The button is hidden in the design view at that time. However, when I run the program the help button is back. Also if I change the displayed wizard control page either in the properties or the ''next page'' link the help button reappears and the property is reset to true. It doesn''t seem to matter how the displayed page is changed it is reset. I attached a sample that was behaving in this manner but it''s just a basic wizard control with a couple of blank pages. If I set this button to be hidden in the code the button is still displayed in the designer but doesn''t appear when the program is run. I have a work around for it but I think it should be hidden by changing the designer. Thanks, Gordon >Hi Gordon, > >Sorry for the delay in responding. > >This is not the intended behavior. The help button should not appear during runtime if the HelpVisible property is set to false for a page. Could you please provide more information on the version of Essential Tools that you are using. Also, if possible post a sample here or you can create a Direc-Trac incident. Thanks. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>Hi, >>I''m trying to remove the Help button from the wizard control. I have tried to set the visible property to false in the designer and it''s removed in the designer, however once I compile and run the program it is back. >> >>How can I remove a button from the wizard? >> >>Thanks, >>Gordon WizardControl_2345.zip WizardControl_5709.zip

GR Gordon Rhea October 22, 2004 06:30 PM UTC

To add a little further information on this. The helpbutton.visible property must be reset to false when each page loads or it will reappear. Also, use the second project. the first one doesn''t have any of the references in it and I couldn''t remove it. Thanks, Gordon

GR Gordon Rhea October 22, 2004 06:42 PM UTC

When I reread that it didn''t make as much sense as I thought it did. I had to set the wizardcontrol1 next event and set the visible property to false there. I tried setting the property to false in the form load but it was reset once the wizard moved to the second page. Gordon

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon