We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

XpTaskBar fixed size

This is probably simple, but I can''t seem to find the answer. I have an XpTaskBar in my application (docked on the left hand side), but i don''t want to allow users to change the width of the taskbar. How would I go about fixing the width? Also I don''t want users to be able to dock it to another edge of the app (I suppose the right side would be ok, but the top and bottom wouldn''t make any sense). thanks

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 21, 2004 01:56 PM UTC

I''m trying to do the same thing. Apparently it isn''t so simple!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 22, 2004 06:22 PM UTC

Hi, Sorry for the delay in responsing. 1) You can fix the width of docked controls by setting the FreezeResizing property. //Freeze resizing this.dockingManager1.FreezeResizing = true; 2) You can prevent docking to specific side by handling the DockAllow Event private void dockingManager1_DockAllow(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockAllowEventArgs arg) { if(arg.TargetControl is System.Windows.Forms.Form) { if((arg.DockStyle == DockingStyle.Top) || (arg.DockStyle == DockingStyle.Bottom) ) { arg.Cancel = true; } } } Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. > >This is probably simple, but I can''t seem to find the answer. I have an XpTaskBar in my application (docked on the left hand side), but i don''t want to allow users to change the width of the taskbar. How would I go about fixing the width? Also I don''t want users to be able to dock it to another edge of the app (I suppose the right side would be ok, but the top and bottom wouldn''t make any sense). > >thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 23, 2004 11:31 AM UTC

OK that was very simple, but why is this property not available in the property page of the VS.NET form designer?

TK Tyler Kohn October 26, 2004 10:01 AM UTC

worked great, thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 27, 2004 10:02 AM UTC

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion. We will make this a designer property in the next release. Thank you for your co-operation. Best regards, Stephen. > >worked great, thanks. > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon