We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Selection problems

In our grid, we have a hierarchical list. We have special selection needs. When a cell is selected, we need to entire row selected. When a row that is a parent to other rows is selected, all the child rows need to be selected. All of this works perfectly by handling the GridSelectionChanging event. The problem is that if the user selects a cell in a parent row, for example, and it selects the parent row and all child rows, if the user then selects a cell from the parent row again, the selection is cleared via a GridSelectionChanging event, followed by a GridSelectionChanging event with the new selection. The problem is this causes a flicker in the current selection that is very noticeable and annoying. Can you guys think of a way to handle this? Is there any way to know, for example, that when I''m getting the GridSelectionChanging with an empty selection that a new selection is on the way so that I can ignore the selection clearing event? I just can''t figure out a way around it. Thanks.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 15, 2004 02:51 PM UTC

When e.Range.IsEmpty, you can get the clicked cell from e.ClickRange. Once you have the cell, maybe you can test it to see if it is in the parent row of the current selection.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon