We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Multicolumn combo box question

Hi, On a form, there is a MultiColumnComboBox connected to an class supporting IList. I will hidden 14 of the 17 columns. Questions : 1 - The order that appears is not the order of the public property of the structure (it''s a structure that is added as item in the list). is it possible to rorder the column. 2 - to reorder and to hide the columns, I must known the name or the header text. How can I find it ? Thanks you Eddy POULLET Brussels

4 Replies

EP Eddy Poullet October 13, 2004 02:19 PM UTC

>1 - The order that appears is not the order of the public property of the structure (it''s a structure that is added as item in the list). is it possible to reorder the column. >2 - to reorder and to hide the columns, I must known the name or the header text. How can I find it ? Finally, after searching the column cna be found with its name using the property like this : mccbxGrp.ListBox.Grid.Cols.Hidden["Langue"] = true; For the Order, I don''t know. I have the same problem than Shuyang He with the scrollbar appearing and hiding the line. The proposed workaround works partially because thhe width of the drop-down windows changes between the first and the following click (not very pretty). How can I set to null the value of the MultiColumnComboBox ? Thanks, Eddy The > >Thanks you > >Eddy POULLET >Brussels

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 14, 2004 11:49 AM UTC

Hi Eddy, The MultiColumnComboBox displays the column in the exact order in which they appear in its datasource. The DataSet.Table by default sorts the columns in alphabetical order which might cause the order of the columns to be changed. Please refer to the Trace message displayed in the Form''s Load event handler which illustrate this. You could hide or show columns in the MultiColumnComboBox as shown below : this.multiColumnComboBox1.ListBox.Grid.Model.Cols.Hidden[1] = true; this.multiColumnComboBox1.ListBox.Grid.Model.Cols.Hidden[4] = true; You could set the MultiColumnComboBox''s value as null as shown below : this.multiColumnComboBox1.SelectedIndex = -1; this.multiColumnComboBox1.SelectedItem = null; Please refer to the test sample attached here that illustrates the above and let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

EP Eddy Poullet October 14, 2004 01:45 PM UTC

>You could set the MultiColumnComboBox''s value as null as shown below : > >this.multiColumnComboBox1.SelectedIndex = -1; >this.multiColumnComboBox1.SelectedItem = null; For this question, I omit to say "in the running form" (there is no null item added in the list) and not in code. Thanks, Eddy

EP Eddy Poullet October 15, 2004 05:04 AM UTC

Hi Guru, Thanks for the reply. But for me the MultiColumnComboBox don''t displays the column in the order in which they appear in my class. The class is a descending class of collectionbase and the data are added via a internal structure object. Sorry but I don''t see any relevant code on this in Form''''s Load event handler. The question concerning the possibility to set to null the mccombobox is a mean to do it in the form itself by the user (maybe there is already a shortkey defined) and not in code.... Here I attach a bitmap of a mccombobox. The first time that I open the combo is above and lower for the following times. Thanks Eddy POULLET Brussels mccbox_sync_3241.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon