We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Obtaining the new value of the cell on cellvalidating event

i tried ggc.Table.CurrentRecord.GetData("Col1") but i always get the content of the previous state. for instance, col1 is now ''abc''. i changed it to ''def''. a debug in validating event of the ggc, i will retrieve ''abc''. now i change ''def'' to ''efg'', i will get ''def'' in the validating event. i believe there is a buffer that hold the most current data. how do i get to access that? thanks

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 13, 2004 05:16 AM UTC

Hi Lance, you need to get e.TableControl.CurrentCell.ControlText or e.TableControl.CurrentCell.ControlValue Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 13, 2004 11:21 PM UTC

i tried but it appears that ControlText and ControlValue is not available in e.TableControl.CurrentCell. i am using GridGroupingControl.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 14, 2004 06:33 AM UTC

Oops, sorry. The CurrentCell has a Renderer property, and it is the renderer that has the ControlText property.
private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellValidating(object sender, GridTableControlCancelEventArgs e)
{
	Console.WriteLine(e.TableControl.CurrentCell.Renderer.ControlText);
}

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 14, 2004 09:47 AM UTC

cool! thanks!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon