We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Adding properties to a symbol model

I have looked at the symbol designer and the Diagram editor and have looked at the code for custom properties when a symbol is on a diagram control. What I want to do is add a properties collection to the symbol model like the labels collection. This way I can create custom symbol model properties and create symbols based on this new model. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 13, 2004 01:34 PM UTC

Hi Truman You can do what you describe by subclassing the Symbol class. You can also add your custom properties to symbols by calling SetPropertyValue(). You can pass it the name you want to assign to the property and the value. Properties that you add using this technique will be automatically serialized. Take a look at the CustomSymbol sample which demonstrates how a new property (Clickcount) is added to a derived Symbol (MySymbol). It also demonstrates how this property can be displayed in the Property Editor and also how it can be serialized. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon