We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

making ComboBoxBase exclusive

hi, i''m having a hard time finding how to make a ComboBoxBase with a dropdown gridlist exclusive for some reason. where is that? tia

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 8, 2004 11:04 AM UTC

ok never mind comboBoxBase1.DropDownStyle = System.Windows.Forms.ComboBoxStyle.DropDownList;

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 8, 2004 11:08 AM UTC

how do you keep the autocomplete but make it exclusive?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 8, 2004 06:06 PM UTC

Hi Colin, According to my understanding, you wish to have a non-editable ComboBoxbase which has a GridListControl in its dropdown which is also non-editable. Please take a look at the MultiColumnComboBox control in the directory .....\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.1.0.9\Tools\Samples\Editors Package\MultiColumnComboBox\MultiColumnComboBoxDemo. It is a combination of the ComboBoxBase using the GridListControl as its ListControl. Set the MultiColumnComboBox''s DropDownStyle to DropDownList and that should make both the ComboBoxBase and the GridListControl non-editable. Please let me know if you need additional information. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 9, 2004 12:33 AM UTC

I checked your suggestion but it''s not doing what i''d like. I''ve seen somewhere an autocomplete that lets you type for ex A then L and will highlight Albert but wont let you type anything other than B after that because albert is the only existing data that starts with AL. Same as with DropDownStyle=DropDown only exclusive. Also I''d rather not use the MultiColumnComboBox because I''m trapping several gridlist events on every combobox in the app (for clickable headers to sort), so ComboBoxBase will do. thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 11, 2004 06:25 PM UTC

Hi Colin, Thanks for the update. I believe, the ComboBoxAutoComplete control would be the most suitable to you in this case. Please refer to the ComboBoxAutoComplete test sample attached here : ComboBoxAutoComplete Test Sample Let me know if this meets your requirements. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 14, 2004 12:33 PM UTC

its not possible for me to just swap out all my comboboxbase''s with custom functionnality for any other control, didn''t i mention that? anyway it probably just requires a bunch of keyboard trapping and processing with DropDownStyle=DropDown, we''ll live without it for now.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon