We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

making ComboBoxBase exclusive

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

20048 Oct 8,2004 06:54 AM Oct 14,2004 08:33 AM Windows Forms 6
Tags: Tools
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On October 8, 2004 06:54 AM

hi, i''m having a hard time finding how to make a ComboBoxBase with a dropdown gridlist exclusive for some reason. where is that? tia

Replied On October 8, 2004 07:04 AM

ok never mind comboBoxBase1.DropDownStyle = System.Windows.Forms.ComboBoxStyle.DropDownList;

Replied On October 8, 2004 07:08 AM

how do you keep the autocomplete but make it exclusive?

Replied On October 8, 2004 02:06 PM

Hi Colin, According to my understanding, you wish to have a non-editable ComboBoxbase which has a GridListControl in its dropdown which is also non-editable. Please take a look at the MultiColumnComboBox control in the directory .....\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.1.0.9\Tools\Samples\Editors Package\MultiColumnComboBox\MultiColumnComboBoxDemo. It is a combination of the ComboBoxBase using the GridListControl as its ListControl. Set the MultiColumnComboBox''s DropDownStyle to DropDownList and that should make both the ComboBoxBase and the GridListControl non-editable. Please let me know if you need additional information. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Replied On October 8, 2004 08:33 PM

I checked your suggestion but it''s not doing what i''d like. I''ve seen somewhere an autocomplete that lets you type for ex A then L and will highlight Albert but wont let you type anything other than B after that because albert is the only existing data that starts with AL. Same as with DropDownStyle=DropDown only exclusive. Also I''d rather not use the MultiColumnComboBox because I''m trapping several gridlist events on every combobox in the app (for clickable headers to sort), so ComboBoxBase will do. thanks

Replied On October 11, 2004 02:25 PM

Hi Colin, Thanks for the update. I believe, the ComboBoxAutoComplete control would be the most suitable to you in this case. Please refer to the ComboBoxAutoComplete test sample attached here : ComboBoxAutoComplete Test Sample Let me know if this meets your requirements. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Replied On October 14, 2004 08:33 AM

its not possible for me to just swap out all my comboboxbase''s with custom functionnality for any other control, didn''t i mention that? anyway it probably just requires a bunch of keyboard trapping and processing with DropDownStyle=DropDown, we''ll live without it for now.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;