We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom

When: ShowCaptionSummaryCells = true Can I show a custom summary column with type == SummaryType.Custom, *for the FIRST column*?? It appears that I cannot. This is a big shame! Instead, what happens is that the first column gets a listview-header-style backcolor, and it gets a +- icon next to it. The +- icon is fine, and I''ve used QueryCellStyleInfo to alter the text that gets put into this cell, but I''d really like my custom string aggregation delegate to supply the contents of this cell. I''ve defined a GridSummaryColumnDescriptor for the column in question, but it would appear that it isn''t called (because it is the FIRST column?) Is there any way of achieving this? TIA, D.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 8, 2004 07:39 AM UTC

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.ChildGroupOptions.CaptionText = "{Row 0." + this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns[ 0 ].Name + "}"; where the summary row is named "Row 0" and the summary column is named the same as the column that it summarises! :) >When: > ShowCaptionSummaryCells = true > >Can I show a custom summary column with type == >SummaryType.Custom, *for the FIRST column*?? > >It appears that I cannot. This is a big shame! Instead, what happens is that the first column gets a listview-header-style backcolor, and it gets a +- icon next to it. The +- icon is fine, and I''ve used QueryCellStyleInfo to alter the text that gets put into this cell, but I''d really like my custom string aggregation delegate to supply the contents of this cell. > >I''ve defined a GridSummaryColumnDescriptor for the column in question, but it would appear that it isn''t called (because it is the FIRST column?) > >Is there any way of achieving this? > >TIA, >D. > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 8, 2004 01:07 PM UTC

Great you found that solution. It''s kind of a special case but you can specify the contents of the first column by setting the CaptionText. See my other answer also for information how to change the appearance of that cell. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon