We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cell State

Hi Clay, Is there anyway to find out whether the Text in the Cell has been changed or not??. I need to populate slave combo box cell only when the Text in the Master combo has been changed.. Is there something like Cellstate is there?? Thiagu.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 7, 2004 05:06 AM UTC

Hi Thiyagu, Check the grid.CurrentCell.IsModified property to find out if the current cell contents were changed. The CurrentCell also has a Renderer. For the Renderer you can then check the Renderer.ControlValue and Renderer.ControlText properties. Stefan

TH Thiyagu October 7, 2004 05:55 AM UTC

Hi stefan, I''m using CurrentCell Editing Complete event to populate the Slave Cells.. When I check for CurrentCell.Ismodified, it is showing false even after I change the values in the Master Combo.. Also, ControlText and ControlValue is showing only the text after the Changes in the current Cell... Would be helpful if You can reply back as early as possible.. Thiyagu. >Hi Thiyagu, > >Check the grid.CurrentCell.IsModified property to find out if the current cell contents were changed. > >The CurrentCell also has a Renderer. For the Renderer you can then check the Renderer.ControlValue and Renderer.ControlText properties. > >Stefan >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 7, 2004 06:20 AM UTC

When that CurrentCellEditingComplete is raised, the the value has already been saved, and IsModified is already been reset. Try using the CurrentCellValidating event. This event will only be raised when the currentcell has changed. In it, you can use grid.CurrentCell.Renderer.ControlText to retrieve the new value in the cell.

TH Thiyagu October 7, 2004 06:23 AM UTC

Thanks Clay... I''ve tried with CurrentCellChanged event.. It is working fine. Thanks for your reply in tandem.. Thiyagu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon