We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to change the backcolor of the child row during runtime?

Hi.. i have a problem with setting the back color of the child rows at runtime. I need to set according to the differnt row index of the child group. and it always seem to detect the parent group and set the back colour. How can i avoid setting the parent back color in this case? thankz

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 7, 2004 05:04 AM UTC

Hi Angela, are you handling the QueryCellStyleInfo event? If yes, in that event you can check e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement. You can check DisplayElement.ParentGroup to get the group for that element. Also, e.TableCellIdentity.GroupedColumn will tell you to which grouped column this record or caption row belongs. If you need to know the record index, try Table table = e.TableCellIdentity.ParentTable; Record record = e.TableCellIdentity.ParentRecord; int recordIndex = table.Records.IndexOf(record); - or - int recordIndex = table.UnsortedRecords.IndexOf(record); Stefan

AC Angela Chua October 7, 2004 06:03 AM UTC

Hi.. I''m handling the TableControlPrepareViewStyleInfo event. is it possible to handle the above here?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 7, 2004 09:17 AM UTC

You can cast the e.Inner.Style to a GridTableCellStyleInfo object to use the above code. ''VB Dim style As GridTableCellStyleInfo = CType(e.Inner.Style, GridTableCellStyleInfo) //C# GridTableCellStyleInfo style = (GridTableCellStyleInfo) e.Inner.Style;

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon