We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Commandbar issues

I''m using an XPMenus Bar control on my form. I have a few questions: 1) Is there a way to change the color of the bar''s background? 2) Can I change the font of the items in the bar? 3) I''d like to highlight the selected item in the bar when it is selected. The default behavior is to highlight it when the mouse is over the item, however, I need it to stay highlighted when it is clicked. Can it be done?

11 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2004 07:21 PM UTC

Hi, 1. Please refer to the sample attached here that shows how you could custom paint the XPMenus.Bar : Bar Painting Sample 2. Yes, you could do so by handling the BarItem''s ProvideFontInfo event as shown in the sample below : 3. I will investigate the XPMenus source code and see if there is a way to achieve this behavior, and will update you on this shortly. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2004 07:23 PM UTC

Hi The sample for (2) is attached below : BarItems with Custom Font Sample Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 7, 2004 10:28 AM UTC

Hi Guru, Thank you for your assistance. Although the sample to paint the menu background works ok, when I add items to it, they do not appear on the menu at runtime. It looks to me like the painting is done over the items so that they effectively disappear (although they really are there since I can get a tooltip for each item to appear). Is there any solution to this? The second sample to change the font works perfectly. Thanks. Did you have any luck investigating my third issue?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 7, 2004 10:34 AM UTC

Hi, Please refer to the sample attached below that shows how you custom draw the BarItems on the Bar to avoid the above issue : BarItem Painting Sample In future, please address all your queries through Direct-Trac. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 7, 2004 03:39 PM UTC

> >In future, please address all your queries through Direct-Trac. We appreciate your cooperation. > I''ve been posting questions on this forum and getting good responses and answers. I''m very satisfied with the results. Might I ask why the above request was made to use Direct-Trac?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 7, 2004 05:06 PM UTC

Hi, We have a dedicated technical support team monitoring the incidents submitted through Direct-Trac and a quick response is assured which might not be the case in forums. Also, we send patches containing hotfixes only through Direct-Trac. So we strongly recommend our users to address all their issues through Direct-Trac as far as possible. We appreciate your continued support for Syncfusion. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 7, 2004 08:39 PM UTC

Hi, 3. Please provide us with the following information : Refer to the screenshot attached here. Is this how you want the behavior of the menus to be ? Note that the selection rectangle is present on the ParentBarItem when the menu is dropped down. If so, I would like to inform you that this is a very non-standard behavior in menus and I am afraid we will not be able to support this internally. I have consulted the development team regarding this issue, and will update you as soon as I hear from them. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal. Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 8, 2004 10:25 AM UTC

Hi Guru, Thanks for the reply. The screenshot shows an XPMenu with dropdown items. Mine will only have parentbar items. No dropdown menu from those items. There is a Checked property for each item in the parentbar. If it is set true, the item is drawn with a box surrounding it and the box persists. I was hoping to have that box draw filled and not just an outline. Can this be accomplished?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 8, 2004 11:53 AM UTC

Hi, Thanks for the update. According to my understanding you only have ParentBarItems on the toolbar without any dropdown BarItems in the ParentBarItems. When the ParentBarItem''s Checked property is set to true, it gets highlighted (with a blue rectangular border which disappears when clicked) and you want it to stay that way even when clicked. Also you would like the rectangle to be filled and not just an outline. Do you want it look like the blue selection box that appears on the ParentBarItem when the mouse hovers on it ? But when these ParentBarItems are clicked, it does shown an empty dropdown which looks very unpleasant. How do you wish to deal with this ? Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 8, 2004 12:41 PM UTC

You described what I am trying to accomplish. When the parentbar item is set to checked, I wish to have a "solid or filled" rectangle and not a "hollow" one around the item. The rectangle persists after clicking on the item indicating that it was selected/active. Other items in the bar highlight only when the mouse moves over them (default behavior). As for the parentbar items showing an empty dropdown, I don''t see this behavior. I simply get a "hollow" rectangle around the parentbar item that I selected. My code sets its Checked property to true and it persists. No dropdown. That''s what I want.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 13, 2004 01:33 PM UTC

Hi, Thanks for the update. I believe, you are referring to a BarItem and not a ParentBarItem since you say your BarItem does not have a dropdown. However, it is not possible to support such a feature in the current implementation of XPMenus framework. We have considered this feature as a feature request for a future release of Essential Suite and a QA report# 626 has been logged in this regard. We will try our very best to implement this feature at the earliest. Thanks for your patience, and continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon