We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Essential Calculate

Please include me in the beta. I am very curious as to what functions will be provided, and how they are accessed. I would hope to be able to call functions directly rather than be required to send formula strings to a system that has to parse before operating. Although I am coding in C#.Net, I am currently using VB.Net routines for financial analysis. I will be soon researching other toolboxes that include things such as matrix math, solution solving, engineering calcs, statistics, etc. The sooner I get information on your plans, the better I can plan and choose. Thanks, Greg

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 7, 2004 10:01 AM UTC

Hi Greg, We will definitely include you in the beta. I will let you know as soon as the beta version is available for download. 1) There are over 150 Excel Functions that are currently supported. 2) I will contact the Essential Calculate development team for more information and update you. Thanks, Stephen. >Please include me in the beta. I am very curious as to what functions will be provided, and how they are accessed. > >I would hope to be able to call functions directly rather than be required to send formula strings to a system that has to parse before operating. > >Although I am coding in C#.Net, I am currently using VB.Net routines for financial analysis. > >I will be soon researching other toolboxes that include things such as matrix math, solution solving, engineering calcs, statistics, etc. > >The sooner I get information on your plans, the better I can plan and choose. > >Thanks, >Greg >

GR Greg October 21, 2004 01:11 PM UTC

Excellent. I just saw your home page that references the Calculate. It looks like it will give me the ability to call functions directly, as opposed to requiring string formulas. I look forward to trying it out. Does Essential Calculate get its functions like statistical functions from CenterSpace, or all of these written in-house? I like the concept that CenterSpace had for unit testing. If you are not using their system, what type of testing have you done? Thanks, Greg

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 21, 2004 03:34 PM UTC

All formulas were implemented in house. You are free to write your own as well or to use a 3rd party library like CenterSpace if they offer something that you need. To date our testing has focused on matching Excel computations. We will ship the spread sheets that we used in such testing. And nunits tests will be included before the final release.

GR Greg October 21, 2004 05:31 PM UTC

Thanks for the response. After reviewing your web marketing again, it seems that I will not be able to call the functions directly, but would be required to pass a calculate engine a string for it to parse then calculate. I think that is fine for many things. However, I do not want another parse layer in my application, which would also require me to convert my variables to strings or store them into your calculate objects. I''m not comfortable with that. Will I be able to directly call the individual functions providing parameters like "normal" programming? ex: I want: SF.Calculate.Sin(90) as opposed to: "=sin(90)" ? Thanks, Greg

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 22, 2004 07:30 AM UTC

You can access computation methods directly, but thay are not static, syou you have to have an instanc of our calcengine, and they accept string arguments. So, you can use code like this. CalcSheet sheet = new CalcSheet(); CalcEngine engine = new CalcEngine(sheet); Console.WriteLine(engine.ComputeSin("3.14159")); Console.WriteLine(engine.ComputeCos("3.14159")); Console.WriteLine(engine.ComputeStdev("1,2,3,4,5,6"));

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon