We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

listening to the DropDownBarItem DropDown button click event

Hi, I am using the DropDownBarItem that hosts a PopupControlContainer. I''m trying to simulate a undo/redo toolbar button that exists inside the VS.Net IDE. The PopupControlContainer consists of a Listbox and Label. I would like to populate the listbox only when it popup, by listening to the BeforePopup event. The problem is I do not know which dropdown button on the DropDownBarItems that has been clicked. I''m re-using the same container for the undo and redo BarItems. Is there a work-around so that we could know which DropDownBarItem has invoked the PopupControlContainer? or is there an event for that?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 7, 2004 02:03 AM UTC

Hi Celeong, I do understand that its hard to determine which of the DropDownBarItems has caused the PopupControlContainer to be displayed. A workaround here is to use a different PopupControlContainer associated with each DropDownBarItem. Now handle the DropDownBarItem.PopupControlContainer.BeforePopup event and add the ListBox appropriately to whichever PopupControlContainer has popped up. Please refer to the test sample attached that illsutrates this. Let me know if this works for you. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon