We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Changing SyntaxColoringEnabled property

Hello all, I have a dual-use EditControl - it is either in plain text mode or in full syntax highlighting mode. When in plain text mode I turn off syntax colouring by setting the above property to False. Works well. But going the other way does not reapply the colouring until I modify the contents of the control. Can I force a repaint/recolour? I could do this by having two controls and show/hide them but that''s more work and more controls. Here''s hoping

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 7, 2004 06:27 PM UTC

Hi Trevor You could do what you are seeking by modifying the SettingFile property of the Edit Control. For example in the EmbeddedIniFile sample that ships with Essential Edit you could use the following code snippet: if (this.editControl1.SettingFile=="") { this.editControl1.SettingFile= "..//..//HelloWorldLanguage.ini"; } else this.editControl1.SettingFile=""; to toggle between the EditControl displaying KeyWords in colors specified and in plain text mode. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon